Turmeric also known as Curcuma longa is a spice that is used in cooking and also used as a supplement for medicinal herbs. It is used in every skincare product. The turmeric face mask is trending. Turmeric face pack helps reduce the appearance of acne, pimples, or any skin conditions. Turmeric usually does not have any side effects but in some cases, it is not suitable for many people. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric can be used for medicinal purposes to cure acne, wounds, bruises, ulcers, eczema, insect bites, herpes, etc.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a physiologically active substance with therapeutic benefits. The following are some of turmeric's health benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory (reduces swelling, redness, and discomfort)
- Anti-oxidant (reduces cell damage and slows down the ageing process)
- Anticarcinogenic (prevents the production of cancer cells in the body)
- Anticoagulant (helpful in avoiding arterial obstruction)
- Antidiabetic (balances blood sugar levels and improves diabetes sufferers)
- Antimicrobial (strengthens immunity against bacterial, viral, fungal, and protozoal illnesses)
- Heart safeguarding (prevents high blood pressure and balances the cholesterol level)
Turmeric is the best face pack for whitening and a face pack for glowing skin. Turmeric helps in reducing inflammation and irritation in the skin. You can use a turmeric mask as the best face pack for glowing skin.
Turmeric face pack for skin whitening
The word "hyperpigmentation" in medicine refers to dark skin areas. It happens as a result of your body producing too much melanin, a hormone that gives your skin its dark colour. Darker skin is caused by more melanin. Long-term sun exposure, tension, and bad lifestyle choices are a few factors that contribute to the excessive and imbalanced synthesis of melanin, which results in hyperpigmentation. According to research, turmeric may be able to lessen hyperpigmentation by more than 14%.
Turmeric face pack with lemon juice
Lemon works actively to remove excess oil from the face, and when combined with gram flour, it gently exfoliates the skin. When turmeric is added to the mixture, you get a face pack that reduces oil production, treats acne, exfoliates, calms the skin, and shields it from infection.
- Use two teaspoons of gramme flour as the method.
- Pick up a half teaspoon of turmeric.
- Juice from one lemon, about half a teaspoon
- To create a paste, combine everything and a little water.
- Put it on, and let it sit for a full fifteen minutes.
- After rinsing, moisturise.
- For optimal effects, use it two to three times each week.
How to make a turmeric face pack?
Gram Flour, Sandalwood, and Turmeric Pack
Gram flour is a wonderful exfoliant that might help you get rid of dead skin cells on your face. The use of sandalwood (or its oil) may protect against skin cancer.
What is required:
- Gram flour, two tablespoons
- A little turmeric
- Sandalwood, 1 teaspoon
What You Should Do:
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients.
- Add more water if you want a smooth paste.
- The paste should be rubbed all over the exposed skin of your face, neck, and chest.
- Face should be washed with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
How Often You Should Do This:
Do it two times each week.
Best time to apply turmeric face pack
Avoid putting it on overnight since turmeric tends to stain (especially if you have lighter skin). If the yellow spice has left a stain on your face, try washing it with milk. The mask may be used up to two to three times each week.
Can I apply a face pack every day?
Ideally, you need to avoid using a turmeric face pack every day. Every effective skincare routine consists of both products for weekly and daily usage. A face mask may be used once per week or up to three times each week. Depending on the nature of your skin. Normal to oily skin may use it more, while normal to dry skin should use it less.
Turmeric face pack vs besan face pack
Besan is known for its anti-tanning and skin-lightening properties, and good reason. On the other hand, turmeric is an extremely powerful anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial component that may assist in the reduction of acne and pimples.
All of your skin issues may be solved with turmeric, which is widely accessible and has either little or no negative effects. All the components for a turmeric face mask may be found in your home, making preparation simple. Turmeric gives you youthful, radiant, acne-free skin because of its anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial qualities.
1. Can I use turmeric on my face every day?
No. Your skin may become yellow if you use turmeric often. To ensure that your skin receives all the advantages without becoming stained, apply it as directed a couple of times a week.
2. How long does it take for turmeric to lighten skin?
It can take more than three to four weeks of constant use to brighten your skin tone.
3. Can we use soap after applying turmeric on the face?
No. Avoid using soap on your face or skin for 24 to 48 hours after removing the turmeric pack.
- Bhattacharjee Rajsmita and Vinay Keshavamurthy, May 2019, Re-discovering Sandalwood: Beyond Beauty and Fragrance
- Jasmine C. Hollinger, MD, Kunal Angra, MD, and Rebat M. Halder, MD, Feb 2018, Are Natural Ingredients Effective in the Management of Hyperpigmentation? A Systematic Review