Try These Amazing Dry Fruits For Weight Loss!
Obesity is a major health problem in several nations throughout the globe. If you are overweight, you may get cardiovascular disorders, type 2 diabetes, renal difficulties, and liver problems. Dried fruits may be a great addition to weight loss snacks since they are both nutritious and help you healthily lose weight.
If you prefer to snack and have a slow metabolism, dried fruits may be a good choice for you.
Dried fruits are high in saturated fats and calories, which may lead to rapid weight gain if consumed without calorie control. Because dried fruits have a high water content, they have a high sugar content and calories, which may lead to weight gain if consumed in excess. As a result, if you want to lose weight, include nutritious meals as well as modest quantities of dried fruits in your diet.
Dried fruit is a fruit that has had practically all of its moisture removed by drying procedures. The fruit loses moisture and shrinks while drying, becoming a nutritious snack despite its little size.
The most frequent dried fruit is raisins, dates, prunes, figs, and apricots. There are several varieties of dried fruits available, including those that are candied (sugar-coated). Fruits such as mangoes, pineapples, cranberries, bananas, and apples are included.
Importance of Dry Fruits for Health
Dried fruits' nutritional value enhances fibre and antio-xidant consumption, making them a healthy snack choice. Dried fruits have all of the nutrients of fresh fruits but in a concentrated form.
These antio-xidants aid in the treatment of high blood pressure, digestive problems, and a variety of other ailments. One serving of dried fruits contains a significant amount of daily necessary vitamins and minerals, such as folate.
How to Eat Dry Fruits to Lose Weight
You can eat dry fruits by adding them to your breakfast by crushing them or chopping them or adding them to your favorite drinks.
While all dry fruits are abundant in nutrients, they are also heavy in calories and sugars. Because most of the water has been drained, the nutrients in dried fruits are compressed into little packets. As a result, it's important to eat them in moderation, especially if you're trying to lose weight. Limit your intake of mixed nuts and dry fruits to 20 grams per day to avoid snacking from the bag. If one is looking to lose weight, they can add ACV supplements to their diet along with dry fruits.
Which dry fruit is best for weight loss?
Here is the list of dry fruits that helps in weight loss:
Almonds are a popular dry fruit that many people of all ages like eating. The peel of this dried fruit is high in fibre, which aids weight loss by controlling bowel movements. It also helps you maintain healthy body weight by regulating blood sugar levels with magnesium and Vitamin E. Although tasty, cashew nuts should not be consumed late at night since they might induce indigestion as per the study.
Who hasn't heard of these tough-as-nails walnuts? The healthful fats in these dried fruits are great for your skin and hair, and they also help you healthily lose weight. Omega 3 fatty acids provide the body with all of the nourishment it needs, and they act best on abdominal fat by preventing hunger pains. Walnuts may be a great substitute for fish that are allergic to fish or don't consume it. It also facilitates digestion.
Cashew nuts are another famous dried nut that keeps you full for extended periods. They help you lose weight because they are high in protein and fibre, which improve your metabolism. Because you feel full for a long time, this procedure permits you to burn fat. The only thing to remember is not to consume too many of them at once, since this might lead to weight gain.
Prunes are one of the most often utilised fruits for relieving constipation. The fibre in this dried fruit helps you get rid of pollutants by boosting your bowel motions. It also aids weight loss by effectively increasing metabolic rate, making it an ideal fat-burning dried fruit.
Raisins include a chemical called iodine, which aids digestion and makes them an excellent weight-loss alternative. This is also a popular choice that many people like. This dried fruit's fibre content helps you seem thinner, particularly if you have a slower metabolic rate. It's also good for your heart if you eat it regularly.
Because it is high in selenium, Brazil nuts help you lose weight by enhancing your metabolism and boosting your immune system. It also contains heart-healthy fats, minimal carbs, high fibre, and minerals like magnesium, zinc, and potassium, which help to keep the body healthy. With only two pieces of these nuts, you'll meet your daily needs that day.
Pistachio is one of the greatest dry fruits for weight reduction since it is low in calories and rich in fibre. When you've chosen to lose weight, the beneficial fats in this dried fruit might be one of the best snacks. It keeps you satisfied for a long time when eaten in tiny amounts. It helps to suppress hunger and decreases the impulse to binge eat when taken in modest doses.
Hazelnuts make you feel full for a long time, which helps you resist the impulse to snack, which is the first step in the right approach. Hazelnuts offer your body essential nutrients thanks to their healthy fats and high fibre content, making them one of the finest dried fruits for weight reduction.
When is the best time to eat dry fruits for weight loss?
Eating dry fruits has no clear advantages or disadvantages. However, to get the most health advantages from dry fruits, it is best to consume them first thing in the morning. A typical morning is the greatest time to consume dry fruits and nuts. They may be consumed as pre-lunch snacks or as post-lunch evening snacks to keep the stomach full.
- Morning: Almonds are a great way to start the day since they are high in nutrients and have a favourable effect on your body, increasing your health.
- Evening: Pistachios, cashews, and pine nuts are great after-work snacks since they increase your immunity and endurance.
- Walnuts, dates, and prunes are high in soluble fibre and make excellent late-night snacks. You won't feel bloated or constipated after eating these dried fruits.
Why Should You Eat Dry Fruits On An Empty Stomach in the morning?
Dry fruits provide additional advantages when consumed on an empty stomach. On an empty stomach, here's how to add dry fruits to your daily diet.
1. Soaked Almonds
- Almonds are high in manganese, Vitamin E, protein, fibre, and Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
- To increase the advantages of almonds, soak them in water overnight before eating them first thing in the morning.
- Contrary to common opinion, consume almonds with their skins removed since tannin is present.
- Tannin aids in the prevention of nutrient absorption. The skin simply peels off when you bathe them.
- Almonds help to provide the proper amount of nourishment while also improving satiety throughout the day.
2. Cashew Nuts
- Healthy fat may be found in cashew nuts or Kaju.
- A healthy heart is intimately related to healthy fat.
- Cashew nuts are cholesterol-free, thus they provide critical nutrients to help the heart work properly.
- Eating cashew nuts on an empty stomach provides a lot of energy, which keeps a person content for a long period throughout the day.
- As a result, eating 4-5 cashew nuts on an empty stomach every day aids in correct weight control.
- Raisins are abundant in iron and vitamin B.
- These are quite beneficial in the treatment of anemia, or a lack of hemoglobin in the body.
- It is thought that the time of consuming soaked raisins is quite important.
- As a result, the optimum time to consume them is early in the morning and on an empty stomach.
- Eating raisins on an empty stomach lowers the risk of heart disease by decreasing blood pressure and blood sugar.
Other Health Benefits of Dry fruits
Here are some amazing health benefits of dry fruits:
Best Dry Fruit for Skin Health
- Dates are high in Vitamin C and D, which aid in the maintenance and improvement of skin suppleness.
- Dates are high in antio-xidants, which help to prevent cell damage.
- Walnuts are well-known for their anti-inflammatory qualities, which are a result of omega-3 fatty acids.
- It may increase vitamin B levels, which aids in the prevention of age-related fine lines and wrinkles.
The Best Dry Fruit for Hair Health
- Dates include Vitamin B, which your hair needs to be healthy and smooth.
- It increases blood circulation to the scalp and aids in hair development.
- They may keep your hair silky, healthy, and strong by preventing premature greying.
- Almonds are an excellent complement for replenishing the nutrients in your hair.
Eating dry fruits is the best for reducing weight from all over the body but you should also avoid consuming anything too much.!!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I eat dry fruits at night?
Dried fruit's high fibre and low water content might cause digestive troubles such as gas and cramps at night.
2. Does eating dry fruits improve skin?
Dry fruits may help keep your skin bright and vibrant. They are high in essential oils and antio-xidants, which aid in the regeneration of good skin and the prevention of ageing.
3. Which dry fruit should we eat daily?
To keep healthy, You can eat dry fruits such as apricots, walnuts, and pistachios daily.
- Dried Fruit: Good or Bad? - Healthline
- M A Wien, J M Sabaté, D N Iklé, S E Cole, F R Kandeel, Nov 2003, Almonds vs complex carbohydrates in a weight reduction program