Best Skincare Product for Your Skin Type
As the skin is the most important part of our body, it becomes necessary to take of this by following a good skincare routine. Instead of checking out for the products every now and then, it is first better to know about your skin type and then work for the right product suitable for your skin type.
Not all product suits everyone, the ingredients in the product may be allergic for some and might be beneficial for others. Following the right skincare routine is the best thing and easy to choose the best skin care products.
Follow these steps to know which products suit you the best for your skincare regime and what ingredients you are suitable with.
1. Identify your skin type
Knowing your skin type is the best thing to know which skin care products are best suitable as per your skin type. The basic type of skin types is oily skin, dry skin, combination skin, sensitive skin, and normal skin. It is very essential to identify or evaluate your skin type that will be better for your skin that won't clog your pores and help you get radiant skin.
There is no bad product in the market but the thing is that you may end up using the wrong product using as per your skin type which may lead to having acne on the face and having side effects and which may lead to trigger breakouts.
- Oily Skin Type: Oily skin itself describes the word oil, the excess sebum production through the sebaceous gland causes more oil to secrete and cause oily skin. The sebum production causes acne to the face due to clogged pores. To prevent the sebum production ingredients like hyaluronic acid, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid helps in preventing acne production and also help in hydrating the skin. So oily skin people should go for the products containing this ingredient in their products. Hyaluronic acid is best for moisturizing the skin and is lightweight and can be used with any cream or lotions.
- Dry skin type: Dry skin needs extra exfoliation and moisturization, for this ingredients like shea butter and lactic acid is the best thing used in products. This ingredient provides hydration and moisturization to the skin and body. It also exfoliates the skin as well thus keeping the dry skin moisturized. You can also use jojoba oil that keeps the body moisturized.
- Sensitive skin type: This type of skin type is very sensitive to any ingredients in their product so they must be very careful in choosing their products. The best beneficial ingredients for sensitive skin type is aloe vera, shea butter, chamomile which is best suitable in any product for this skin type. Sensitive skin people should opt out for fewer ingredients in their product. If using this ingredient in their products helps keep their skin moisturized and hydrating and will give any acne breakouts.
If you are still unsure about your skin type it is better to contact your dermatologist and know your skin and use the suitable product for your skin type.
2. Check the ingredients suitable for you
It is much better to know your skin type as it benefits you in saving your time and money as well as you know your skin type and go for the required products. If the suitable product is used you will prevent your skin from worsening it by acne breakouts and thus it is important to select or choose needed skincare ingredients as per your skin type. As mentioned above different skin types need different ingredients in their products that help soothe, moisturize and hydrate the skin.
Ingredients like ceramides, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid, etc are the best for various skin types as they won't clog pores of the skin and also exfoliate the skin properly thus giving you clear skin. There are many anti-acne gels and anti-acne creams containing these ingredients and even anti-acne serum which prevents excess sebum production and can be used in a daily skincare routine.
3. Always do a patch test
It is always recommended to do a patch test before using any product to avoid getting any allergic reaction with the given ingredients. Some ingredients may have allergic reactions to most skin types. The side effects may be swollen, red irritated skin. Always do a patch test on a small portion of your forearm as it is not the most sensitive and can not be easily visible. Testing ingredients and products that suit you will save you money and time both.
4. Always take advice from a skin expert
Even though you are still in search of the right product and you are unable to find it which suits you the best, consult a dermatologist and take the right step to choose your right product and have a healthy skincare routine with the best suitable and right skincare products.
Following the best skincare routine is the best thing every person should inculcate in their routine and also this should be the very first step in skincare regime. To have healthy skin and use correct products you should always identify your skin type and based on this use the right product. Always invest in the right product that is usable for you and keep your skin healthy and radiant.