Kajal, also known as kohl, has been used by women in various cultures for centuries to enhance and beautify their eyes. This traditional cosmetic, made from a blend of natural ingredients, is a must-have in many makeup kits. Applying kajal is an art that requires some practice, but with the right technique and tools, it's easy to achieve a bold and beautiful look. In this article, we will guide you on how to apply kajal step-by-step and share some tips and tricks to help you master the art of kajal application.
Benefits of applying kajal for eyes
Applying kajal is not just a cosmetic choice, but it also has several benefits for the eyes. Here are some of the benefits of applying kajal for eyes in detail:
Protects against eye infections:
Kajal made from natural ingredients such as ghee or castor oil can help protect the eyes against bacterial and fungal infections. These ingredients contain antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help prevent eye infections.
Soothes eye irritation:
Kajal made from natural ingredients can also help soothe eye irritation and reduce redness. Ingredients like sandalwood powder, rose water, and aloe vera are known for their cooling and soothing properties, which can provide relief to tired and irritated eyes. According to studies, the application of kajal can enhance the overall health and functioning of the eyes.
Nourishes the eyelashes:
Some kajal formulations contain ingredients like almond oil or coconut oil, which can help nourish and strengthen the eyelashes. These oils are rich in vitamins and minerals that promote healthy growth of eyelashes, making them thicker and longer.
Kajal helps define the eyes and make them appear bigger and brighter. It can be applied in various ways to achieve different looks, such as a smoky eye or a winged liner.
Kajal made from natural ingredients such as ghee or castor oil can also protect against harmful UV rays. These ingredients act as a natural barrier against the sun, preventing damage to the delicate skin around the eyes.
Can kajal be used as eyeliner?
Yes, kajal can be used as eyeliner. Kajal is a type of eyeliner that has been used in traditional South Asian and Middle Eastern cultures for centuries. Kajal is typically made from natural ingredients such as soot or charcoal and is known for its rich black color and smooth application. Many people prefer kajal over other types of eyeliners because it is long-lasting, smudge-proof, and easy to apply. Additionally, kajal is often considered to be gentler on the eyes compared to other types of eyeliners that may contain harsh chemicals.
How to apply kajal for big eyes?
Here are some steps to apply kajal for big eyes:
- Begin by washing your face and hands thoroughly. Make sure your hands are clean and dry before you start applying kajal.
- Choose a good quality kajal that suits your skin type and preferences. Many different brands and types of kajal are available in the market, so choose the one that works best for you.
- Start by applying the kajal to the inner corner of your eye. You can use a thin line or a thicker line, depending on how dramatic you want the look to be.
- Next, work your way outwards towards the outer corner of your eye. You can choose to keep the line thin, or you can thicken it up towards the outer corner of your eye.
- If you want to make your eyes look even bigger, try extending the line slightly beyond the outer corner of your eye. This will create a winged effect that will make your eyes look larger and more dramatic.
- Finally, apply a small amount of kajal to your lower lash line. Start from the outer corner of your eye and work your way inwards towards the inner corner.
Remember to be gentle when applying kajal to avoid tugging or pulling at your delicate eye area. With a little practice and patience, you can create a beautiful kajal look that will make your eyes look big and beautiful.
How to apply kajal for small eyes?
If you have small eyes, applying kajal correctly can help make your eyes look bigger and brighter. Here are some tips on how to apply kajal for small eyes:
- Begin by applying a light-colored eye shadow to your eyelids. This will help create a base for the kajal and make your eyes appear larger.
- Use a white or nude-colored kajal on your waterline. This will make the whites of your eyes appear brighter and your eyes look bigger.
- Avoid lining your lower lash line with kajal, as this can make your eyes appear smaller. Instead, focus on the upper lash line and wing the kajal out slightly at the outer corner of your eye.
- Use a smudger or a small brush to blend the kajal outwards from the outer corner of your eye. This will create a smoky effect and make your eyes appear bigger.
- Finish by curling your lashes and applying mascara to your top lashes only. This will help lift your lashes and open up your eyes.
Remember, the key to making small eyes appear bigger is to keep the kajal close to the lash line and avoid lining the lower lash line. With these tips, you can apply kajal to enhance your eyes and make them look bigger and brighter.
Kajal vs eyeliner which is good?
- Kajal and eyeliner are both popular eye makeup products used to define the eyes and create a dramatic look.
- Kajal is a traditional cosmetic that has been used in South Asian cultures for centuries, while eyeliner is a more modern makeup product.
- The choice between kajal and eyeliner depends on personal preference and the desired look.
- Kajal tends to create a softer, smudged effect that is ideal for creating a more natural look.
- Eyeliner can create precise lines for a more dramatic and bold look.
- Kajal is typically applied to the inner rim of the eye, while eyeliner is applied on the outer lash line.
- Both kajal and eyeliner can be used to enhance the appearance of small or big eyes.
- Ultimately, it's up to the individual to decide which product suits their needs best.
Applying kajal is a quick and easy way to enhance the beauty of your eyes. It is important to choose a good quality kajal and to apply it properly by following the tips mentioned in this article. Whether you have big eyes or small eyes, kajal can be used to make them look more attractive and expressive. So go ahead and experiment with different kajal styles to find the one that works best for you!
Is it good to apply kajal every day?
Applying kajal every day is generally safe for most people, but it is important to choose a high-quality, non-toxic product and avoid sharing it with others to reduce the risk of infection.
Is Kajal better than eyeliner?
Kajal and eyeliner have their unique features and benefits, so it ultimately comes down to personal preference and the look you are trying to achieve.
Can I apply kajal on the upper eyelid?
Yes, you can apply kajal on the upper eyelid. It is a matter of personal preference and style. Some people choose to apply kajal only on the lower waterline, while others apply it on both the upper and lower lash lines.
Formulation Development of a Patient-Friendly Dosage Form for Eye Drug Delivery: Kajal - Researchgate