Acne and acne scars are a nightmare for every youth nowadays as this is the trend for clear and glowing skin. Pimples on the face or acne occur because of multiple reasons. Pimples mainly occur due to hormonal imbalances like PCOD or PCOS, tension, pollution, diet, excess sebum production, and medicines and outbreaks also occur due to unnecessary applications of makeup products, creams, or lotions that are not of your skin type.
To get rid of pimples people nowadays use pimple patches which are trendy in this generation. Pimples are nothing but red inflamed bumps that occur on the skin. Pimples occur on many body parts. But on the face, it becomes self-esteem for some. So to get rid of this people go on trying many new products that go trending in markets.
Getting clear spotless skin is the only dream every individual has. People have different skin types so to treat each skin type here are some DIY face masks that can be easily available at home and can be easily made and applied. The face masks reduce excess sebum production, clogged pores, and acne breakouts.
Let's describe to you in detail some DIY face masks that are best suitable for every skin type and most beneficial for oily and acne-prone skin types.
The below-listed face masks help reduce pimple breakouts.
1. Honey And Lemon Juice face mask
Honey acts as an antimicrobial property that helps to reduce acne formation and other skin conditions. Lemon acts as an astringent on your skin.
Procedure and ingredients:
- You will need 1 tablespoon honey and half tbsp lemon juice, mix both these ingredients in a bowl and apply the mixture to the affected areas of your face.
- Leave for 10 to 15 mins and then wash your face.
- Always use diluted lemon juice as it is acidic in nature and can burn your skin.
- Apply this mask thrice a week.
2. Aloe Vera And Turmeric Face mask
Aloe vera and turmeric both have anti-inflammatory effects. Aloe vera gives a skin-soothing effect also known as a cooling agent which helps in giving the skin a cool effect. Turmeric also has anti-microbial properties and both help in reducing acne or pimples and keeping the skin healthy and glowing.
Procedure and ingredients:
- You will need 1 tbsp of freshly extracted aloe vera gel and half tbsp of turmeric.
- Mix both the ingredients in a blender and apply on the face for 10 to 15 mins.
- Use this mask twice a week.
3. Multani Mitti And Rose Water Face mask
Multani mitti is the best for oily and acne-prone skin as it helps to remove excess oil and dirt from the face. It also has an anti-inflammatory property. Rosewater provides a cool and calming effect on the skin.
Procedure and ingredients:
- Take 1 tbsp of Multani mitti and rose water, mix well, and apply the mask. wash it off after drying.
- Apply twice a week.
4. Turmeric and Aloe Vera Face Pack
Aloe vera and turmeric, both known for their anti-inflammatory characteristics, may help keep your skin clear and healthy.
You Will Require
- 1 teaspoon of fresh aloe vera pulp
- 12 teaspoons of turmeric
- The aloe vera pulp may be mixed in a blender.
- Pour it into a mixing basin and add the turmeric.
- Apply the mask to your face and allow it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off your skin with water and wipe dry.
- Rep 2-3 times per week.
4 Night face packs for pimples
We'd like to share some DIY face masks with you because there are many different face masks on the market. We enjoy using the ingredients that nature provides just as much as we enjoy learning about new cosmetic products. Following are some overnight face mask recipes you can simply make at home:
1. Tomato faces mask
Most suitable for acne-prone skin
A tomato overnight face mask is ideal for skin that is prone to acne because it is a natural astringent. This revitalising treatment brings back the skin's natural glow. This face mask is particularly effective at soothing a sunburn because of its cooling properties.
- one tomato
- raw milk, two tablespoons
- Tomato and raw milk should be combined until a paste formed.
- To your face, evenly spread the paste.
- After leaving it on overnight, wash it off in the morning with cold water.
- For optimal results, we advise applying this face mask twice a week.
2. Honey, yoghurt, and blueberry face mask
Effectiveness for oily skin
If you have oily skin, you want a product that can remove the extra oil and make your skin appear less greasy. This face mask works wonders when left on overnight! By removing dead skin cells from the face, blueberries and yoghurt are two natural sources of AHAs that work wonderfully well for acne-prone skin. However, honey's antibacterial properties are effective against acne-causing bacteria.
- Yogurt - two tablespoons
- Honey - one teaspoon
- Blueberries - 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup of rice flour
- Mash the blueberries first. When finished, stir in the yoghurt and honey.
- Add the rice flour once a paste has formed, and combine thoroughly once more.
- Spread the mask out evenly on your face, and then leave it on overnight.
- You should wash it off with hot water in the morning.
3. Milk and turmeric face mask
The ideal solution for all skin types
Because it has so many advantages for the skin, like removing dark circles, treating acne, moisturising the skin, and preventing the symptoms of ageing, turmeric is one of the best things you could apply on your skin. Dark spots and tanned skin can both be removed using raw milk, which is an excellent cleanser.
- Turmeric powder - 4 teaspoons
- raw milk - 6 teaspoons
- Mix the two ingredients in a bowl until a mixture forms that can easily be spread.
- Put the paste on your face, neck, and chest and sleep with it on.
- Remove it with cold water first thing in the morning.
- This face mask has no negative side effects, and you can use it up to three times each week.
4. Turmeric And Honey Face mask
Both turmeric and honey have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and are effective on the skin.
Procedure and ingredients
- You will require 1 tbsp of honey and half tbsp of turmeric powder, mix well and the paste on your face and leave for 20 minutes and then wash your face.
- Applying this two to three times a week gives your skin glowing clear and spotless skin.
Does a face mask remove pimples?
A good face mask, in contrast to the other products you use to combat acne, will help draw out any extra oil and impurities in your skin, which can both combat the outbreaks you are now experiencing and prevent new ones from appearing in the future.
What to do after the face mask?
- It is important to apply a moisturiser to your skin immediately after removing a face mask, while the skin is still wet.
- After removing your face mask, choose a moisturiser that is formulated specifically for your skin type and apply a very thin layer.
- This may assist to keep your skin moisturised, which will maximise the benefits of the mask that you are using.
Alternative to get rid of pimples faster
Here are the best alternative from Saturn to get rid of pimples faster:
With this Anti Acne Gel, you can help your skin battle acne flare-ups and look beautiful. This highly active, pure acne treatment provides the benefits of Glycolic acid, Salicylic acid, Niacinamide, Zinc and Aloe vera. It possesses skin-renewing qualities that promote collagen production and increase skin suppleness. The acne removal gel aids in the reduction of acne breakouts as well as the fading of scars & prevents future breakouts. It soothes skin irritations and inflammation. It aids in the purification of the skin and the reduction of pores. This salicylic acid anti-acne gel stimulates skin regeneration, which enhances skin texture and quality.
- Salicylic acid
- Glycolic acid
- Zinc PCA
- Aloe vera
Many unnatural and chemical products that can treat pimples but using a DIY face mask helps you get clear skin from those harmful chemicals and is the best natural face mask or packs that are easily available at home. If you haven't tried this, then it's time to do and incorporate it into your daily skincare or beauty routine.
Can I use a face mask if I have pimples?
Acne-prone skin types may benefit from introducing a face mask for acne into their routine every two weeks, after cleansing and toning their skin.
Is it good to use a face pack every day for skin?
Depends upon skin type. Also, Using face masks regularly may deplete your skin's important nutrients, leaving it clogged and dry.
What happens if you leave a facemask on too long?
Over-masking may remove natural oils and beneficial microorganisms. As a consequence, your skin's pores will begin to produce more oil to compensate for the lost oil. This will not only induce a pH imbalance but will also cause redness.
- Alexandra R Vaughn, Amy Branum, Raja K Sivamani, Aug 2016, Effects of Turmeric (Curcuma longa) on Skin Health: A Systematic Review of the Clinical Evidence