Neem is a natural herb that is extracted from a neem tree. The scientific name for neem is Azadirachta indica or Indian lilac. The extract is taken from the seed of the tree and has various uses. Neem is quite popular owing to its pesticide and insecticidal properties. Apart from that, it is also widely used in hair and dental products.
It is a powerhouse herb that is packed with bioactive compounds that work well for beauty needs as well as help improve blood circulation and remove toxins from the system. When taken regularly it can also help control high blood sugar and blood pressure while improving digestion. Most of us have grown up listening to its many advantages and neem is available in almost all Indian households as an instant remedy for combating acne, and pimples, reducing dandruff etc.
Benefits of Neem for skin
1. Reduces early signs of ageing
One of the major benefits of neem oil for the skin is its anti-ageing properties. It is known to reduce wrinkles and fine lines and keep hydration levels up.
This plant is enriched with antibacterial properties that fight any kind of breakouts and also soothe itchy and irritated skin. For people with acne-prone skin, this herb will come in handy.
2. Tackles blackheads & whiteheads
It shrinks large pores and works as an exfoliating agent to pull out impurities and tighten pores. This works wonders in reducing blackheads and whiteheads.
3. Promotes collagen production
Consuming neem juice can be beneficial for the skin since it boosts the collagen-producing enzyme in the body called procollagen and a protein called elastin. This is what gives the skin structure and makes the skin look plump.
4. Treats uneven skin tone
It can also even out the skin tone with the help of many anti-oxidants present in it. One of the benefits of neem on the skin is that it reduces dark spots, pigmentation, blemishes and any kind of redness present on the skin.
5. Prevents skin infections
Benefits of neem leaves for the skin include treating skin infections, soothing irritation, and reducing inflammation without drying out the skin. This is possible because this Ayurvedic plant is rich in antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral qualities.
Applying a paste of neem powder, turmeric and water on the affected area can work miraculously when used regularly.
7. Purifies the blood
When consumed, another benefit of neem juice for the skin is that it purifies the blood hence increasing circulation. For this, having neem leaves or drinking neem juice on an empty stomach first thing in the morning is recommended.
How to use neem leaves for skin?
Neem contains antibacterial properties that might be beneficial to the face. As a result, whether you have dangerous acne or a rash, you may use neem to get rid of it. According to research, the lecithin in neem leaves soothes and hydrates the skin.
Here are some ideas on how to apply neem leaves to your face:
Paste Applying neem paste to your skin on a biweekly or monthly basis is an excellent approach to get the benefits of its qualities. You may simply prepare a neem pack for your face at home.
- All you need to do is crush 10- 12 neem leaves with water to produce a paste.
- After that, you may apply it to your face and wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
- However, if you develop irritation while using it, you should see a doctor.
You may also use neem powder to create a face mask.
- Make a smooth paste with two teaspoons of neem powder and water.
- Pouring water into the mixture should be done with caution.
- Check the consistency after a few drops to make sure it's not too runny.
- Because neem leaves function best when combined with other natural components, add a pinch of turmeric to the neem paste.
- Apply it to your face for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
Lemon and Neem
Lemon contains acidic characteristics and is well-known for their ability to reduce pigmentation. Lemon, when mixed with neem, may treat a variety of skin issues.
- You may combine two teaspoons of neem leaf powder with one teaspoon of diluted lemon juice.
- The paste should be rather thick.
- If you want smooth and glowing skin, add a few drops of rose water to your face pack.
- Apply the face pack and let it dry for a few moments.
- To get radiant and beautiful skin, wash your face with cold water.
How to make neem paste for the face?
Neem works wonders on acne.
For preparing this mask, the ingredients needed are
- 1-4 teaspoons of neem powder
- Multani mitti/ honey
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- To achieve this pack, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until it forms a thick paste-like consistency. Apply this pack all over the face and neck.
- Leave it for about 15-20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Pat dry. This pack should be used at least twice or thrice a week for optimum results.
Is applying neem paste good for the face?
Yes, Neem products are often advised as part of skincare and beauty regimens to treat dry skin and wrinkles. The anti-oxidants in your skin aid to heal your skin tone by reducing the creation of melanin. It also aids in the reduction of black spots, dry skin, and skin redness.
Benefits of a neem face pack
Whether you make your own neem face pack or purchase one, you should be aware of what this versatile ingredient is capable of. Here are some of the advantages of using a neem face pack:
- Anti-aging: It prevents wrinkles and tightens the skin.
- It evens out skin tone by reducing dark patches and pigmentation.
- Anti-acne: It kills acne-causing germs while also nourishing the skin.
- It draws impurities from the skin and reduces big pores, which helps to reduce blackheads and whiteheads.
- Anti-inflammatory: Neem contains anti-oxidants that help to calm inflamed skin.
- Its antifungal and antibacterial qualities protect the skin against infection.
- It helps to lighten scars and imperfections.
Neem promotes healthy skin naturally. Chemical skincare products may hurt delicate or dry skin. Neem leaves may be used to make pastes with oil or face masks with sandalwood, turmeric, yogurt, lemon, and more. anti-oxidants and therapeutic compounds in neem may treat acne and scars and give you beautiful, glowing skin.
1. Does neem lighten skin?
Yes, It aids in the removal of sun spots and pigmentation from the skin. Neem does not completely treat dark spot issues, but it does lessen the appearance of dark spots and scars.
2. Can we apply the neem face pack daily?
No, It is not recommended to use a neem face pack every day; instead, use it bimonthly or monthly. Only neem-cleaning face masks should be applied on a regular basis.
3. Can neem remove dark spots?
Yes, It aids in the removal of sun-induced dark spots, pigmentation, and blemishes from the skin.
- Topical application of neem leaves prevents wrinkles formation in UVB-exposed hairless mice - Science Direct
- R Subapriya, S Nagini, March 2005, Medicinal properties of neem leaves: a review