Actually, a derma roller is a skincare device. It has on one end a handle and on the other, a roller is located with lots of small and fine needles located on its surface.
Dermarollers were actually invented through a long series of various discoveries. In the 1990s two independent studies were conducted that explored various spheres of the use of needles to treat scar tissue on the skin. But until 2005 when a study was conducted that reported fine use of derma rollers.
Nowadays in the market, we can see many types of derma rollers of different brands which are relatively not that much expensive and are effective in giving a new look with glamour never seen before.
This skincare device is found really effective in rejuvenating your skin or in treating acne scarring or helping in reducing ageing signs.
Dermarolling in other words called micro-needling is actually a process that can be effectively and originally carried out by a trusted and skilled dermatologist. But nowadays, it can be commonly and easily done at home with little effort and sincerity. In recent years it has gained tremendous popularity as an effective, accessible, and non-invasive skin treatment.
Derma roller for face
Derma rollers have multiple uses for your skin, especially your face. They are mostly used for improving skin pigmentation issues and also for improving the surface of your facial skin.
There are multiple issues that have been dealt with great effectiveness for your facial skin like fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars are all said to be diminished with regular use of a derma roller.
Microneedling using a derma roller can cause a low level of trauma to the outer layer of your skin.
This use of a derma roller prompts the healing process of your skin, leading to the skin regeneration process, and helps in the production of some anti-aging substances like collagen and elastin.
Derma rollers, on the other hand, create some tiny fine pathways in your skin with the use of shorter needles. So that the serums can use these multiple pathways to travel much deeper also helps in absorbing those serums more efficiently and hopefully surfacing more of those visible effects.
5 Types of Derma roller for face benefits
1. Maximize Efficiency Of Facial Skin Absorption
Our skin is only able to absorb 5-10% of any of the skin-nourishing products. Just using a derma roller in your skincare routine will help your skin with deeper penetration of nourishing products. Now your skin would be able to absorb more than 70% of any product which results in better and healthy skin.
2. Pore Visibility Reduction
Derma rolling procedure does not change the pore size in fact it just reduces the visibility of the pore by just reducing its appearance.
3. Fights The Signs Of Ageing
It helps in shedding away dead skin to get brighter and youthful skin underneath. Once the derma roller punctured your skin, collagen and blood rushed towards the damaged site to get the new skin at the site of the puncture.
4. Reduce Acne Scars And Discoloration
Many clinical types of research proved that derma rollers are very beneficial in treating acne scars as removing the top layer of the skin helps in hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and skin texture.
5. Reduce Dark Circles
By derma rollers, the skin under the eyes can be thickened which can stimulate collagen production and thus can reduce dark circles.
How to use a derma roller on the face?
Step 1: Cleanse The Skin
Before using a derma roller you should first cleanse your face thoroughly in a gently circular motion using a mild face wash to remove all makeup and dirt.
Step 2: Prepare Your Skin
Apply a thick layer of serum of good quality to get better results. Hyaluronic acid is the best available ingredient to go for its smoothness and softness-providing capability.
Step 3: Begin Derma Rolling
Start rolling the derma roller without applying any pressure approximately 7 times. Once the area is done, start moving to the next area till the whole area is covered. Also, apply the roller in both upward and downward directions. You do not need to worry about the redness of your skin as it is normal.
Step 4: Care After The Roller Activity
After the use of a derma roller now the skin quickly absorbs anything you apply to it. So be very sure what your skin needs more. You can now apply a thick layer of Hyaluronic serum to provide it with the essential nutrients.
Best derma roller for women's face
The derma roller of saturn by GHC improves skin health by boosting nutrient-rich blood flow to the targeted area and allows for ease and comfort while rolling across the skin. Microneedling helps in treating acne scars, wrinkles, and large pores.
- Helps in Reducing Acne Scars: Derma roller speeds up the cell renewal process which ultimately helps in reducing dark spots on the face because it becomes free from dead skin cells. It also helps in preventing further breakouts.
- Reduces Aging Effects: Derma roller fights against all the signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, large pores, age spots, and rough skin.
- Provides Youthful Glow: Derma rollers work wonders on hyperpigmentation as it helps in shedding away the surface layer of the skin. Derma rollers help in boosting collagen production which can prevent the sagging of the skin.
- Eye De-Puffer: Derma roller is an excellent tool for your under-eye area to plump and treat puffy eyes. Derma rollers can also tighten the skin beneath the eyes.
- Improves Skin Complexion: Derma roller helps in removing dead skin cells for the purpose of making the complexion beautiful. It also promotes better skin elasticity by boosting elastin production.
Derma roller vs Jade roller
As the name suggests, Jade rolling involves rolling a jade stone against your face and neck to increase the flow of blood and improve the level of lymphatic drainage. You can reach to the same results, although it involves a soft and gentle scraping of your skin using a smooth stone. Such types of tools work by gently stimulating the systems to help in improving the fluid flow.
On the other hand, the derma roller is a more advanced tool that uses tiny micro-needles to penetrate deeper into layers of your skin. This type of derma rolling helps in stimulating the production of elastin and collagen, also helps in breaking down scar tissue, and helps in enhancing the absorption of topical nutrients. Where on the other side the jade roller makes subtle shifts in the underlying systems beneath your skin which in turn helps the derma roller impact the health and overall appearance of your skin.
Use of Derma Roller
This procedure of derma rolling which involves treating acne scars, stimulating collagen production, and rejuvenating the skin was frequently used by dermatologists.
But as time changes it is also used for therapeutic drug delivery and injecting vaccines through your skin.
Nowadays it is used for treating your skin in different ways to look young and healthy which can be done within the ease of your home.
Other uses of derma rollers in skin disorders can be queued in
- Skin firmness reduction
- Facial fine lines
- Wrinkles on facial skin
- To reduce pore size
- For tightening of skin pores
- Acne scars reduction
Best Practices For Better Results
Here we are providing you with the best practices for the derma rolling process to get the best result for your skin.
- To boost collagen production take vitamins C and A before the treatment.
- You can use ice packs in case of pain after derma roller treatment.
- You can always apply anti-aging moisturizers and skin serums.
- Use of good sunscreen is a must after the derma roller use as the skin can damage easily due to overexposure to the sun.
- Do repeat this derma-roller treatment three to four times a week for better results.
- Do not roll it too nearly around the eyes.
- Avoid using it on infected parts like that of infected acne.
- Keep one derma roller for one person. Do not share it with another person.
It is always suggested to purchase a trusted brand of derma roller. It should be sterile thoroughly before you make use of it. It is to make sure in the first place that it needs to be sterilized before it is used.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use a derma roller every day on my face?
The frequency of your treatment period will solely depend upon the length of the needles of the derma roller and also upon the sensitivity of your skin. If the needles of the derma roller are shorter then you may be able to roll it every other day, and if the needles are longer in size then you may need to go for this treatment every 3 to 4 weeks.
2. Do you put anything on your face before Dermarolling?
You will want to gently wipe your face directly with 70% isopropyl alcohol before you start rolling. If you are a person that is sensitive to pain, you need to put on numbing face cream after you wash your face.
3. Can I use a 0.5 derma Roller every day?
No, do not use any kind of derma roller every day as it does not contribute much. You should use the 0.5 mm derma roller once every two to three weeks as you need to give your time to your cells for regenerating the hair growth.
- Age-associated increase of skin fibroblast-derived prostaglandin E2 contributes to reduced collagen levels in elderly human skin