Oily & Acne-Prone Skin
Dealing with oily skin may be a real pain. You must keep a number of factors in mind and exercise caution while selecting skin care products and cosmetics, lest you wake up with a large, furious red zit right on your face. Isn't this a true story?
While there are a number of ways to keep excessive sebum production under control, one of the most effective and often used methods is to use face packs developed specifically to keep your oily skin happy and healthy. DIY oily skin face packs are produced using items that can be found in your kitchen or on your cosmetics shelf and are designed to soothe oily, acne-prone skin.
Before we look at different face packs for oily skin, it's important to understand all of the numerous variables that cause excess sebum production and contribute to acne.
Acne is caused by a number of circumstances
- No use of moisturizer
- Using products that are comedogenic
- The incorrect diet consuming
- insufficient amounts of water
- Exfoliation that is excessive
Face masks tips for oily skincare
Apart from addressing all of the factors that aggravate oily, acne-prone skin, we recommend including a simple DIY face pack for oily skin in your weekly skincare regimen for amazing results. Here are a few oily skin face packs that can help you reduce excess sebum production and make your skin seem matte while still being healthy and bright.
- Face pack with aloe vera and turmeric
Natural astringent characteristics abound in aloe vera, which helps to remove excess sebum, perspiration, oil, and grime from your pores. Turmeric and aloe vera, for example, both contain anti-inflammatory characteristics that assist to soothe your skin and prevent acne.
- 1 tablespoon fresh aloe vera gel, scraped out You may also utilise store-bought alternatives, as long as they are all-natural and organic.
- 10 teaspoon turmeric powder to 10 teaspoon aloe vera gel, mix well
- Cleanse your skin well before applying the aloe and turmeric combination to your face and neck.
- Allow for 15 minutes of resting time before washing it off with warm water and a mild cleaner. After that, apply your favourite light moisturiser.
- Face pack with tea tree oil, bentonite clay, and rose water
Oil-absorbent qualities of bentonite clay assist in properly cleansing your skin of excess sebum. Furthermore, it is an excellent natural face mask component for treating acne. Tea tree oil's antibacterial and antiseptic characteristics assist to keep acne, itching, and other skin issues at bay by removing acne-causing microorganisms from the skin.
- Take one to two teaspoons of bentonite clay and two tablespoons of pure rosewater and mix them together in a dish.
- Combine all of the ingredients until they create a paste-like consistency.
- Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil to this mixture and stir well.
- Allow drying after applying this combination to your whole face and neck region.
- To give your skin a burst of moisture and seal in the beauty of the ingredients, wash it off with cold water and follow with a lightweight gel moisturiser.
- Multani mitti and rose water face mask
Multani mitti has the capacity to unclog pores and keep your skin clean, which is one of the key reasons it helps for oily skin. It not only mattifies but also maintains your skin healthy and radiant. This is why Multani mitti is so effective in preventing acne breakouts. When you add something as gentle as rose water to this combination, its relaxing effects aid in not only moisturising your face but also keeping acne-related inflammation at bay.
- 1 tablespoon Multani mitti in a mixing basin.
- Mix with roughly a tablespoon of pure rose water until it reaches a runny consistency.
- Allow this Multani mitti and rose water combination to dry fully before applying it to your face and neck.
- After washing it off with lukewarm water, use a moisturiser that is appropriate for your skin type.
- Face pack with gram flour and yoghurt
The major advantage of gram flour or besan for oily skin is that it helps to maintain the skin's pH balance, which is essential for keeping your skin operating properly and preventing excess oiliness. Yoghurt is high in zinc, which helps control sebum production and keeps your face fresh and bright.
- In a mixing dish, combine two tablespoons of gram flour and one tablespoon of fresh yoghurt.
- Combine the two ingredients to make a thick paste that may be applied to freshly washed skin.
- Allow for 20 minutes of drying time after applying the mixture to your face.
- Apply a gentle moisturiser after washing it off with water and a mild cleanser.
Acne-prone skin skincare routine
- If you have oily, acne-prone, or sensitive skin, you're certainly familiar with the continual fight to find the proper products for your fickle skin.
- Something too greasy will clog your pores, causing pimples, while something too dry will cause your oily skin to compensate for the lack of moisture by creating more oil, causing pimples.
- Look for products like salicylic acid and glycolic acid if you have acne-prone skin. These substances should be in your face wash (the best face wash for oily skin) and face serum for oily skin.
- Salicylic acid is an anti-inflammatory and anti-oily substance.
- Whiteheads and blackheads respond well to glycolic acid.
- Scars may be prevented and repaired using retinol.
- Zinc is an excellent sunscreen and skin-soothing agent.
- Following a thorough skin care regimen is the greatest method to battle oily skin.
- Using an oil-free face wash for acne-prone skin and a gel-based, lightweight moisturiser twice a day, without fail, is a great method to manage the issues that come with oily skin.
Whatever your skin issue is, these summer face masks and skincare routines will assist you in combating oily skin.