Summer has here, bringing with it a slew of summer maladies such as sunburn, acne, and gastrointestinal issues. But what if we told you there's one superfood that can solve all of your summer concerns at the same time? Yoghurt is a versatile and nutrient-dense dairy food that may be beneficial to both your skin and hair in this hot weather and can act as the best body lotion for the skin. Sunburns, dry skin, acne, and a bloated stomach can all be avoided by including yoghurt in your diet and other skin-care routines. Since time immemorial, cooling curd has been a cherished summer staple in Indian households, and there are numerous reasons for this obsession.
Reasons to use Body Yoghurt in summer
- Recover from a sunburn: Aren't sunburns one of the worst parts of summer? Let's not even get started on the number of times it got in the way of a fun day out. So don't be concerned anymore. Yoghurt's cooling characteristics could aid in the treatment of painful sunburns. Apply yoghurt to the afflicted region and keep it on for 20-25 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. Yoghurt contains anti-inflammatory effects and is high in zinc. It also includes probiotics, which aid in the restoration of your skin's natural barrier. It also aids in anti-ageing properties. Although yoghurt gives you an anti-ageing effect, you can also apply anti ageing serum by Saturn by GHC which reduces wrinkles and fine lines on the skin.
- Treat acne: Yoghurt contains natural antibacterial and antifungal qualities that can help prevent acne breakouts and promote healthy skin. Simply dab a dollop of the creamy yoghurt onto the acne-prone areas. After 30 minutes, rinse it off. A regular beauty routine that includes a yoghurt face mask will keep skin cleaned and reduce irritating breakouts.
- Take care of your hair: This may have been one of your grandmother's favourite nuskhas. Yoghurt is a fantastic hair conditioner ingredient. It has hydrating characteristics that aid in the healing of dry, damaged hair. What would you have to do if you were in this situation? Whip up a cup of Greek yoghurt. Massage it into your scalp, hair, and ends of your hair. Allow your hair to rest for 20 minutes under a shower cap before washing it with a light shampoo.
- Prevent hair loss: Yoghurt can help prevent hair loss while also promoting hair growth. Yoghurt is high in nutrients that are beneficial to your hair and can help prevent hair loss. Yoghurt contains vitamin B5 and D, which helps to nourish hair follicles. Hair fall can be reduced by washing your hair with a mixture of pepper and curd on a daily basis. To prevent hair loss, combine curd and amla powder to form a paste that may be applied to the scalp and hair.
- Boost your immune system: Yoghurt is a great probiotic meal since it promotes the growth of good bacteria in your gut, which can aid your gastro immune system. Furthermore, yoghurt promotes digestion by lowering the symptoms of an irritated stomach, such as diarrhoea, bloating, and irritable bowel syndrome. Consuming probiotic yoghurt reduces inflammation and boosts the immune system's general response, making it easier to fight off viral and gut-related infections and illnesses. Yoghurt can also help with trace mineral absorption, such as magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- Yogurt is high in calcium and vitamin D, which help to strengthen bones. It aids in meeting the daily calcium need for stronger bones and bone mineral density regulation. It is possible to treat osteoporosis by eating a diet rich in calcium and vitamin D.
- For women: Yoghurt is especially beneficial for women since it aids in the fight against yeast infections such as Candida, which may be a source of discomfort for many women. Lactobacillus acidophilus, a bacterium found in yoghurt, eliminates yeast infections and enhances overall health.
Body yoghurt vs body butter
The key difference between body yoghurt and body butter is that body yoghurt can be applied to damp skin, whereas body butter is normally applied after patting the body dry after a shower. Body yoghurt and body butter have been 2 different skincare products that moisturise and hydrate the skin. Body yoghurt is, in reality, a lightweight moisturizer (body lotion) that absorbs quickly and gives your skin a healthy glow.
Body Yogurt's Advantages
- They absorb quickly (take a few seconds to absorb)
- It can be used on damp skin to hydrate immediately after a shower.
- It has a non-sticky feel and leaves your skin smooth and hydrated.
- They don't include any animal-derived ingredients.
- Helps in soothing dry skin.
There are numerous other benefits of including yoghurt in one's diet. Yoghurt's unique proteins, as well as nutrients like potassium and magnesium, aid in the reduction of high blood pressure and the promotion of a healthy heart. Yoghurt is also a wonderful probiotic and can help with digestion (an ingredient that contains live bacteria). These beneficial bacteria have been demonstrated to improve gastrointestinal function, soothe inflamed digestive tracts, and relieve stomach discomfort.
Two skincare items that nourish and moisturise your skin are body yoghurt and body butter. Body yoghurt can be applied to damp skin, whereas body butter is normally applied after a shower after patting your body dry.