Post-Holi Skin Care Tips
Holi Festival in India
Now we all are preparing to celebrate the festival of colour known as Holi. We celebrate the Holi festival in India with utmost excitement, zeal, and enthusiasm. We also need to keep a check on our skin while celebrating Holi as it can damage our skin. The colour used in holi can prove harmful to our skin and can leave it itchy, dry, and flaky.
Though we all know about various precautions that need to be taken care of pre to the Holi celebration little is known and done to manage the damage caused to our skin during post holi celebration and be able to restore its natural glow, hydration, and youthfulness that has been sacrificed in the Holi celebration.
Here in this article, we tried our best to provide you with some effective holi skincare tips to manage the damage caused due to chemicals used in holi colour and also reveal some magical tips that you can follow in the post holi celebration to restore the natural look of your skin.
Some of the tips to give a boost to your skin nutrients post holi celebration are :
- You can use a mild foamy face wash containing essential oils that can unclog your skin pores, remove dirt, excessive oil, and stubborn holi colours too. Using such a face wash you can be able to maintain the hydration level of your body while keeping away the itchiness, dryness, and other allergic reactions from your skin. A point to remember here is to choose a face wash according to your skin concern that can benefit your concern immediately and effectively.
- Do not use warm water to get away with the colour on your skin as it can harm your skin and also not be able to put down the stubborn colour. So you should use cold water which can be able to wash off the chemicals and colours on your skin.
- Though scrubbing is an important part to dig out any dirt, oil, or even colour from your skin but you should not overdo it as it can leave your skin with the utmost dryness that can result in redness or itchiness that can snatch away your skin with its natural glow and health.
- You can use any oil or be safe, cold-pressed coconut oil over the exposed area and let it absorb for a bit. These oils can make your skin detach itself from the stubborn colour very easily and effectively.
- You should also make use of a good moisturizer which constitutes an important part of your skincare routine according to your skin type that can lock in the moisturizer and apply it at regular intervals to shield your skin properly.
- Once you stop playing Holi, do use cleansing milk because of its lactic acid content to make the stubborn colours come out easily.
Once you used it after playing Holi, use cleansing milk to make the colours come off much more easily. Once the cleansing procedure has stopped you can use a good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
- You can always use some home remedy to treat your skin well like some homemade skincare packs that can help your skin to regain its pH balance and the lost radiance. You can apply a paste made up of papaya by adding some lemon juice and a tablespoon of milk powder. Now you can apply it evenly on your face. Keep it like that for at least 15 minutes and then rinse off. It also helps in getting away with oily skin.
- To wash off all the colours from the scalp of your skin, you can use a coco yogurt pack which is very effective in cleansing your skin.
Ingredients in making this pack:
- 2 tbsp of yogurt
- 2 tbsp of raw honey
- 1 tbsp of olive oil and
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
So you just need to mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Now apply this paste evenly on your skin.
Let it be like this for some time. After that rinse it off with water.
Some of the effective home remedies to try post holi for a healthy and clear skin
Besan And Curd
Curd is the most common natural skincare ingredient that you can count on in your daily skincare routine. We can mix curd with some besan to treat your skin effectively.
- Take at least 2 tablespoons of besan
- 1 tablespoon of curd and some drops of rose water.
- Mix them well to form a paste.
- Now apply it evenly on your face and leave it like that for 15-20 minutes then wash it off.
Lemon And Curd
Lemon and curd are known to be a boon for acne-prone skin. They are also very effective in getting rid of the stubborn holi colours. Lemon has also been praised for its exfoliation properties. Add approx 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of curd.
Now mix them well so that lemon juice is completely mixed with curd. Now apply it for 20 minutes to dry it off then wash it off.
Holi festival in India includes many celebrated days in the calendar. There are several dos and don’ts - in skincare routine tips that you can benefit yourself by following them. These are:
- Avoid doing skin exfoliation for about 48 to 72 hours before and after the holiday.
- Also, you need to avoid any facials and cleanups before and after the Holi festival.
- Keep your skin hydrated throughout the day by using any moisturizer and a hydrating mask to treat your skin effectively.
- Always use organic and natural colours that are devoid of any harmful chemicals like lead oxide, copper sulfate, and mercury sulfate.
- Make sure you only use very gentle, mild, and natural products before and after the holiday.