Are you a fitness enthusiast or someone conscious about your calorie intake? If yes, then you must be always on the lookout for low-calorie yet fulfilling meals. Well, you might be surprised to know that one of the most beloved Indian breakfast dishes, Poha, fits the bill perfectly! Packed with nutrition and bursting with flavours, Poha is a satisfying meal that can easily be a part of your weight loss diet. Want to know how many calories are in a bowl of Poha? Keep reading to find out!
While poha may seem high in calories, it's important to remember that it's a nutrient-dense food that can be a great addition to a weight-loss diet. Many people find that including poha in their meals helps them stay full and satisfied for longer, making it easier to stick to their calorie goals. So if you're looking for a tasty and filling option for breakfast or a snack, give poha a try – it might just be the weight loss secret you've been searching for!
Incorporating nutrient-rich ingredients like vegetables and dry fruits into your meals not only enhances their nutritional value but also helps keep the calorie count low, aiding in weight loss.
Consuming a low-calorie diet has been linked to a lower risk of chronic, age-related, and inflammatory conditions, according to a recent study. Moreover, incorporating low-calorie foods in your diet can help reduce your overall calorie intake, which is beneficial for weight loss. Given that poha is a low-calorie food, it can be a great addition to any weight loss meal plan.
Calories in one bowl poha
The number of calories in one bowl of Poha can vary depending on the ingredients used and the serving size. Typically, a serving size of Poha is around 50-60 grams, and it contains approximately 150-180 calories. However, if you add extra oil, peanuts, or other ingredients to your Poha, the calorie count can increase significantly. Therefore, it is important to be mindful of the portion size and ingredients you use to make sure you are not consuming too many calories.
Poha or oats which is better for weight loss
Both Poha and Oats are good options for weight loss, but the choice ultimately depends on personal preference and dietary needs.
- Low in calories and high in fibre
- Contains essential nutrients like iron, potassium, and vitamins B and E
- Easy to digest and good for gut health
- Can be made with a variety of vegetables and spices to add flavour and nutrition
- Low in calories and high in fibre
- Contains beta-glucan, a type of soluble fibre that can help lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar
- Rich in anti-oxidants and essential nutrients like magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc
- Can be made into a variety of dishes like oatmeal, smoothies, and energy bars
- May keep you feeling full longer, leading to reduced calorie intake and weight loss.
Both Poha and Oats can be great options for weight loss, but it is important to be mindful of the ingredients used and the portion sizes to ensure you are consuming a healthy and balanced diet.
Diet with exercise for effective weight loss
For effective weight loss, it is important to follow a balanced diet along with a regular exercise routine. Here are some points to keep in mind:
- Follow a calorie-deficit diet, which means consuming fewer calories than you burn in a day.
- Incorporate a variety of nutrient-dense foods in your diet, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
- To maintain a healthy diet, steer clear of processed and sugary foods that offer empty calories. Keep yourself hydrated by consuming an adequate amount of water daily.
- Include cardio and strength-training exercises in your routine for maximum weight loss.
- Strive to exercise for a minimum of 150 minutes per week with moderate intensity or 75 minutes with vigorous intensity.
- Make lifestyle changes, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator, walking or biking to work, and standing instead of sitting for long periods.
Here are some examples of a diet with an exercise plan for effective weight loss:
Intermittent fasting combined with High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts:
This involves eating within an 8-hour window and fasting for the remaining 16 hours while performing HIIT workouts 3-4 times a week for 30-45 minutes.
Low-carb diet with strength training:
This includes reducing carbohydrate intake and increasing protein and healthy fat intake while performing strength training 3-4 times a week with compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, and bench presses.
Mediterranean diet with cardio exercises:
This involves emphasizing whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and fish while performing cardio exercises such as running, cycling, or swimming for 30-45 minutes a day, 5 times a week.
A plant-based diet with yoga:
This includes focusing on a variety of plant-based foods such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains, while practising yoga 3-4 times a week for 30-60 minutes, incorporating poses that challenge balance and strength.
By following a healthy diet and exercise plan, you can achieve your weight loss goals and improve your overall health.
Poha is a delicious and nutritious breakfast option. It is low in calories and rich in essential nutrients like iron, fibre, and vitamin B. By pairing it with other healthy foods and regular exercise, it can be an excellent addition to a weight loss diet.
How many calories are in cooked poha?
One cup of cooked poha contains approximately 250 calories.
How many steps does it take to lose 1kg?
It takes about 10,000 steps to burn approximately 500 calories, which could lead to a weight loss of 1 kg in 2-3 weeks depending on your diet and lifestyle factors.
Can you lose weight with just diet and exercise?
Yes, it is possible to lose weight with just diet and exercise. This is considered to be the most effective and sustainable way to achieve weight loss. A healthy and balanced diet along with regular exercise can help create a calorie deficit and promote weight loss.