If you've just had a keratin treatment, you're definitely thinking about aftercare. The bad hair day is the only terrible thing to worry about. We understand how difficult it may be to fight frizz or deal with hair that won't keep the pin-straight style of your desires. If this describes you, a keratin smoothing treatment may drastically improve the condition of your hair. However, in order to get the most out of your keratin treatment, you must follow the after-care instructions carefully. Can we oil our hair after keratin treatment?
Applying a moisture-rich conditioner to dry hair decreases swelling during hair washing, increasing the efficacy of the Keratin Treatment. After cleaning, use the hair conditioner or masque recommended.
What does keratin treatment entail?
Continue reading to discover more about keratin treatment aftercare for the smoothest strands imaginable.
Breaking down the Treatment
A keratin treatment is a sort of hair treatment that makes your hair smoother, softer, and more lustrous.
Keratin is the protein that makes up each strand of hair. It may be harmed over time by everything from a simple blow-drying and straightening regimen to harsher chemical operations like dyeing and relaxing. The keratin sheath is damaged as a consequence of this. A keratin treatment, on the other hand, works by filling up keratin gaps in your hair.
Your hair should become frizz-free, straighter, and more manageable after the treatment. Isn't it fantastic? Your hair may retain curls and body depending on the keratin treatments you undergo, but it will be much simpler to style and work with. A six-month therapy is possible.
Continue reading for additional after-care advice:
Hair Hacks and Keratin Treatment Aftercare
- Make sure your hair is dry
Remember to ask your stylist how long you should avoid the water after your keratin treatment when you go to the salon. You should wait three days before washing your strands. However, since various keratin treatments take varying amounts of time, this duration might vary.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner without sulphates
Choose a sulfate-free shampoo (SLS-free shampoo) and hair conditioner before washing your hair. Using a set that contains sulphate can harm your therapy and make it less effective. The most essential thing is to avoid using too powerful post-treatment shampoos, such as clarifying shampoos, which might strip your hair of the treatment or cause uneven results.
- After the Keratin Treatment, wash your hair less often
Try not to wash your hair every day after three days has passed after your treatment. This keratin treatment aftercare procedure ensures that the therapy lasts as long as feasible. Some people's hair becomes greasy more quickly than others, requiring them to wash it every other day. Spend for it if you're one of the fortunate ones who can go days without washing their hair. Invest in a nice shower cap to keep the water out of your hair and preserve it between washes.
- Keratin Treatment Aftercare: Keep Your Hair Down
For the following three days after a keratin treatment, your hair is most sensitive. Keep your hair loose and clear of any hair ties to prevent any strange creases or dents. Don't tuck your hair behind your ears, either!
- Begin to Style
Your hair will be considerably simpler to style after the keratin smoothing treatment. After three days, if your hair is still knotty, apply a detangler to safely comb out knots.
- Pillowcases made with silk
As you may know, wearing a silk pillowcase may help minimise friction, making your hair smoother and less prone to breakage. This is vital to remember while having keratin treatment aftercare since a cotton pillowcase can do greater harm to your hair.
- After a workout, blow-dry your hair
Keep your hair fully dry for the first three days following your keratin treatment aftercare. Sweating is included in this. It's critical to blow-dry your strands as soon as you finish working out if your hair becomes sweaty. This will ensure that the therapy is not harmed by perspiration.
Side Effects of Keratin Hair Treatment
Some Disadvantages of doing keratin hair treatment:
- In the case of formaldehyde treatments, allergic reactions and respiratory issues are possible side effects. Long-term exposure to formaldehyde has also been related to cancer. Formaldehyde is most hazardous when breathed since it is a gas. As a result, some hairdressers use masks during treatments and suggest their clients do the same.
- Increased formaldehyde exposure and over-straightening hair may cause hair to dry out and weaken, resulting in breakage and hair loss.
- Hair may seem strangely straight after the treatment; have the treatment a few days before a large occasion to make the hair appear natural.
- Because your hair will become silky and smooth after the treatment, you may miss its volume.
- In the absence of frizz, hair may soon become oily and limp.
- Keratin hair treatments are expensive, especially since they only last three to six months.
There are several keratin treatments aftercare techniques you can follow to ensure your treatment lasts as long as possible, from washing your hair less often to sleeping on a silk pillowcase. Best of luck!