Skin is the largest organ a human body has, hence it is essential to take care of it. Glowing skin is a prominent sign of health and vitality. Moreover, dull and dry skin could make the skin look dull and damaged which could also play a major role in deteriorating the confidence of a person.
Achieving glowing skin could sometimes feel impossible but there are various ways to do the same. There are various home remedies for glowing face, over the counter medications and serums available as well.
Face Packs for Glowing Skin
There are various home remedies for glowing skin. Apart from being effective, these remedies are also cost-efficient. Unlike various serums or skin glow creams available in the markets, these remedies do not pose any side effects and can be used without any worry.
- Turmeric face pack
Turmeric is considered to be a natural antiseptic and has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is also known for its skin brightening effects. Sometimes, besan is added to the mask. Besan is a good exfoliant and helps in maintaining the pH balance of the skin.
To prepare a mask,
- Mix one tablespoon of turmeric, besan and rose water until a paste-like consistency is achieved.
- Apply it to the face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15 mins. Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Sandalwood face pack
Sandalwood oil is known to have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and may potentially help in inhibiting pigmentation related to ageing and UV exposure and the growth of the bacteria that cause acne and pimples.
To prepare this mask,
- Mix two to three drops of sandalwood oil with a carrier oil which could be coconut oil, almond oil etc.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to the mixture.
- Mix well and apply the mask to the face and neck.
- Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes and wash with cold water.
- Honey and lemon face pack
Honey is enriched with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, flavonoids and certain enzymes that make it a good anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, healing, and cleansing agent. These properties of honey help to keep the skin healthy and prevent acne. Lemon contains vitamin C and citric acid.
To prepare the mask,
- Mix 2-3 drops of lemon juice in honey
- Apply all over the face and neck
- Rinse it off after 20 minutes
- Lavender oil face pack
Lavender oil increases collagen synthesis when applied topically. As a result, applying lavender oil to your skin can help it become more plump and healthy basically by boosting collagen production.
To prepare this mask,
- Mix two to three drops of lavender oil to avocado or jojoba oil.
- Massage the mixture on the face and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash face with warm water and pat dry.
- Oatmeal, turmeric and sandalwood face pack
Colloidal oatmeal or cooked oats are known to effectively cleanse your skin. It contains saponins, which can efficiently eliminate all skin contaminants. It also aids in the reduction of skin irritation. It creates a wonderful face pack when combined with turmeric and sandalwood to keep your skin healthy.
To prepare this mask,
- Mix cooked oats, 2-3 drops of sandalwood oil, a pinch of turmeric and rosewater.
- Apply the paste on the face and neck and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it is dry, rinse it off.
Best Foods for Glowing Skin
Nutrition is important for healthy and glowing skin. What goes inside shows on the outside. Consuming healthy and nutritious rich food could adversely affect the betterment of the skin.
Some of the most recommended food for glowing skin are:
Cucumbers are commonly used because they have an extremely cooling effect on the skin. Apart from applying them topically, even eating them regularly has the same effect on the skin. Cucumbers are rich in antioxidants, and vitamins C and K, all of which are vital for healthy and glowing skin. They also aid in reducing the appearance of fine lines and dark circles.
Yoghurt contains probiotics that assist in the process of digestion. This helps in keeping problems such as breakouts and dryness of skin at bay and keep the complexion radiant and glowing. Yoghurt can be consumed after every meal and can be added to smoothies and fruit salads.
Apart from being absolutely delicious, mangoes are also miraculous on the skin. They are filled with vitamins A, E and C, and also have wound-healing properties. Thus, they are effective in reducing fine lines and acne marks. Mangoes are rejuvenating for the skin and give it that perfect glow.
Apples are very rich in vitamins A and C, both these vitamins protect the skin a lot and keep it glowing. They contain certain antioxidants that fight off free radicals in the body. They are also very easily available, and you can include a few slices of the fruit or its juice in your breakfast.
Tips for Glowing Skin
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid consuming too much sugar
- Cleanse face every night
- Use the best face pack for glowing skin suited for your skin
- Change fabrics or pillow covers regularly
Regardless of how old you are or what your lifestyle is, it’s important to make a conscious effort to look after your skin. The skin you live in is yours forever, so take the time to treat it well. In return, it will take care of you!