Every expectant mother experiences the most intense emotions throughout pregnancy, and no woman would gamble with the well-being of her unborn child. A woman must be careful to consume nutritious meals throughout pregnancy since her body goes through several changes.
Therefore, while creating your diet plan, be sure to stay away from a few things. To remain active and healthy, pay closer attention to your eating habits, lifestyle, and amount of consumption.
The following foods might result in miscarriage during the first, second and third trimesters.
5 foods that cause miscarriage in the first trimester
Having a pineapple or drinking pineapple juice during your first trimester of pregnancy increases your risk of having a stillbirth. A miscarriage occurs after a contraction caused by pineapple bromelain consumption.
2. Mercury-rich Fish
When eating fish in the first trimester, women should take special precautions. High quantities of mercury are found in several fish species, including swordfish, king mackerel, tuna, and marlin. It has an impact on a baby's growing brain and the neurological system as a whole, raising the possibility that the child may be mentally unbalanced or immature.
Coffee, in moderation, is OK to drink while pregnant. Caffeine use during pregnancy has been linked to an increased risk of miscarriage and smaller birth weight.
4. Aloe Vera
Can aloe vera cause birth defects? Yes, Since it might cause pelvic haemorrhage, aloe vera juice should be avoided by pregnant women. It leads to miscarriage because of bleeding in the uterus. It includes anthraquinones, a laxative that induces uterine contractions.
One of the typical meals that might lead to miscarriage is this one. Papayas that are unripe or green contain a lot of enzymes and pus that cause uterine contraction and miscarriage. Enzymes cause the uterus to start contracting, which leads to miscarriage. Therefore, if one is pregnant, one should avoid it.
4 foods that cause miscarriage in the second trimester
A pregnant woman should maintain a healthy diet full of iron, folate, protein, calcium, and vitamin D during the second trimester. But these meals may result in miscarriage during the second trimester:
- Soft cheeses like feta and blue cheese
- Ready to eat meat and seafood
- Raw meat, fish, and eggs.
- dairy products without pasteurisation
Foods that cause miscarriage in the third trimester
You should not eat any of these throughout your third trimester of pregnancy.
- Salt: Steer clear of salty meals like fries and potato chips.
- Uncooked or raw vegetables should never be consumed since they might cause gastrointestinal issues. Make careful to properly cook any vegetables before consuming them.
- Spicy Meals: It is advised to avoid spicy foods in the last trimester of pregnancy as they might induce heartburn and indigestion.
5 Foods that avoid abortion
- Vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables, including as oranges, strawberries, bell peppers, and broccoli, promote infant development and iron absorption.
- Iron-rich foods like beans, lentils, green leafy vegetables, pork, and spinach all help the mother's body produce more blood for both her and baby.
- Calcium-rich foods, such as pasteurised dairy products (yoghurt, cow's milk, and hard cheeses), as well as almonds, broccoli, and garbanzo beans, will aid with bone and tooth formation.
- Sardines, salmon, trout, and canned light tuna are high in Omega-3 fatty acids (EHA and DHA). If you don't like fish, try a prenatal vitamin containing Omega-3s.
- Drinking sufficient of water to keep hydrated aids in the efficient transfer of nutrients to the baby through the bloodstream and may help the mother avoid constipation, haemorrhoids, and urinary tract infections.
It's crucial to keep up a balanced, nutritious diet when pregnant. This entails consuming foods from all dietary categories to get the essential vitamins and minerals. Modesty is important. Anything consumed in excess might be detrimental to a developing foetus. In this context, we advise you to speak with both your gynaecologist and dietitian.
What fruit is not good for pregnancy?
One should avoid eating papaya as it causes miscarriage during pregnancy.
Does pomegranate cause abortion?
No, pomegranate does not cause abortion. It is a healthy fruit given to a pregnant woman.
Is curd good during early pregnancy?
Yes. Yoghurt is high in calcium, which is essential for your baby's bone and tooth growth, as well as heart, neuron, and muscle function. The body will start to leach calcium from your bones if you don't receive enough of it in your diet.
- Third Trimester Diet – What to Eat & What to Avoid
- Caffeine in miscarriages: it’s not just in the coffee