Dark Pigmentation on Elbows & Knees
Are you avoiding sleeveless shirts and skirts because your knees and elbows are dark? If you're weary of covering up dark portions of your body like your knees and elbows, it's time to find a permanent solution. If your elbows and knees are also black, itchy, and dry, you can fix it in a couple of minutes using common household materials.
Scrubbing with soap does not normally assist to acquire an even skin tone when pigmentation arises on various parts of the skin. As a result, you'll have to rely on rapid repairs. While you may buy many items on the internet to assist you to get rid of black knees and elbows, you can simply do it at home.
- Sunscreen: When going outdoors, apply sunscreen liberally on the elbows since they are also exposed to powerful sun rays that may damage your skin cells. So, the next time you leave the house, don't forget to put on some sunscreen.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is an excellent exfoliant. Cut a lemon in half and massage one half on one elbow and the other half on the other elbow. Allow the juice to dry after rubbing for 10 minutes. Using cold water, wash the juice. You may repeat this treatment as many times as you desire throughout the day. But, after each treatment, don't forget to hydrate your elbows.
- Turmeric, Honey, and Milk: Turmeric is antibacterial, milk acts as a bleach, and honey hydrates dry skin. To form a smooth paste, combine turmeric, milk, and honey. It should be applied to the dark areas and left on for at least 20 minutes. Wet your hands and massage them together for a few minutes before washing them with cold water.
- Sugar and Olive Oil: Sugar exfoliates the skin well, while olive oil moisturises it. To form a thick paste, combine equal parts olive oil and sugar. This mixture should be applied to the dark knees and elbows. This combination should be rubbed on the skin for around five minutes. Wash with water and mild soap.
- Gram Flour with Lemon: Gram flour is a gentle exfoliant that cleans the region. Lemon juice, on the other hand, works as a natural bleach, reducing the darkening of your elbows. To prepare gramme flour paste, add little lime juice. Apply the mixture to your elbows and massage in a circular motion. Allow it to dry before rinsing it with cold water.
How to get rid of dark knees?No matter how cautious you are, there are certain regions that are impossible to remove the darkness and roughness from after they have been tanned or blackened. Knees are one such location. When your knees get black and you don't take proper care of them, removing them becomes tough. So, here are some pointers to assist you to get rid of the darkness on your knees. The collection of dead skin cells on the knees may occasionally result in dark and ashy knees. If these skin cells are not removed, they will darken in colour as a result of their interaction with oxygen in the air.
- Oats Scrub: Combine two tablespoons of powdered oatmeal and two teaspoons of fresh cream or honey in a small mixing bowl. Apply the paste to the knees and wait a few minutes before removing it. Massage the paste into the knees carefully. Massage with just the tips of your fingers. After the massage, rinse with cold water to remove the paste. Oatmeal exfoliates the skin and eliminates dead skin cells.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is a fantastic natural exfoliant. Using water, make a baking powder paste. Apply the paste to your dark knees and let it sit for five minutes. After five minutes, moisten your hands and begin scrubbing the baking soda-covered knees for seven to ten minutes. Using water, wash away the baking soda paste. Allow them to air dry, but keep them wet since you need to apply moisturiser right after. Alternate days for this.
- Almonds: Combine 1 tablespoon powdered almonds and 1 teaspoon finely powdered almond shells in a mixing dish. Toss them together with some fresh cream. Massage the knees for 10 minutes after applying the paste. After massaging the knees, keep the scrub on for five minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water. Apply a moisturiser to the knees after drying them. You may also use walnut shells instead of apricot shells.
- Olive Oil: Apply a little amount of warm olive oil to your dark knees. Massage the oil into your skin well. Apply this therapy before going to bed at night. Do this three times each week. Olive oil will soften the skin of the knees as well as address the issue of dark/ashy knees. You might also massage the dark knees with warm coconut oil instead of olive oil. Coconut oil is just as efficient as olive oil, but it must be rubbed into the knees on a regular basis.
- Lemon: Lemon is a natural bleach that, when used regularly, may brighten the colour of the knees. After washing your knees, massage one half of a lemon on one knee and the other half on the other. Allow the juice to dry after rubbing for 10 minutes. Using cold water, wash the juice. You may repeat this treatment as many times as you desire throughout the day. However, don't forget to moisturise your knees after each treatment.
Dark elbows and knees may be aggravating, and reversing this sort of skin problem takes time. A good skincare routine combined with home remedies or medicated treatments, on the other hand, may help you how to lighten the dark knees the colour of your dark elbows.