The Miracles of a Multani Mitti Face Pack for Your Skin Problems
Multani mitti also known as fuller earth is a form of clay that is gifted with the capability of decolourizing oils or liquids without the use of harsh chemicals. It is named after the city of Multan, the area of its origin. This clay is commonly used for decontamination in industries, providing special effects in the film industry and as a cleansing agent. But, the most popular and common use of Multani mitti is in cosmetology and dermatology. Multani mitti is also known as fuller's earth in English because it was formerly used by textile workers known as "fullers."
Benefits of Multani mitti
- It is the most widely used natural ingredient which is known to treat oily skin, and acne and reduces blemishes. Using Multani mitti regulates the production of oil in the skin.
- It is reputed to be a great cleansing and exfoliating agent for the skin. Multani mitti contains active components that absorb oil, dirt, and sweat and leave the skin soft, clean and supple.
- When used as an exfoliator, it gets rid of the excess sebum and controls oil production in the skin, this in turn controls frequent acne breakouts and is the most popular among teenagers.
- Additionally, it is enriched with anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which reduce inflammation and redness on the face caused by injuries or skin-related problems.
- It is also known to provide a cooling effect, hence, it soothes rashes, burns and infections effectively.
- Multani mitti has a toning effect on the skin as a result of which it opens up pores, therefore, getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads.
- Since Multani mitti has a soothing effect on the skin and it’s combined with an earthy fragrance, it is known to reduce tension levels to a large extent. Imagine getting home after a long, tiring day and treating yourself to a cool and soothing Multani mitti face pack as you binge-watch your favourite show. Sounds amazing, right?
Now, that being said, let us browse through some ways you can incorporate Multani mitti into your everyday beauty regime.
Multani mitti uses
Multani mitti may be used as a cosmetic treatment in a variety of methods, including:
- face pack
- face mask
- spot treatment
Multani mitti face packs
Multani mitti faces mask: oily skin
It is immensely helpful for people with oily skin. On a single application, Multani mitti can absorb excess sebum from the skin. That is the primary reason why the result is also almost immediately noticeable.
- To achieve this pack, combine a teaspoon of Multani mitti with the following
- Half a spoon of Orange Peel Powder
- 1/4th spoon of Turmeric Powder
- One spoon of lemon juice
- One spoonful of honey.
Mix the ingredients until you get a paste of thick consistency. Apply the mixture evenly over the whole face. After letting it fully dry, rinse it off with cold water. Pat dry using a clean towel.
Multani mitti face pack for tanning and pigmentation
A combination of Multani mitti and turmeric can work wonders on sunburns and clear pigmentation caused by prolonged exposure to the sun.
To prepare this pack, Take a teaspoon of Multani mitti and combine it with a teaspoon of each of the ingredients given below
- 1 spoon of oatmeal powder
- 1/4th spoon sandalwood powder
- 2 spoons of papaya fruit pulp
- 1/4th spoon turmeric powder
Combine the ingredients to form a smooth paste. Apply evenly throughout the face. Let it thoroughly dry before rinsing it off with cool water. Pat dry using a clean towel.
Multani mitti face pack for dry skin
Multani mitti can provide a moisturising effect on the skin. It converts dry and rough skin to soft and supple when combined with nutrient-rich ingredients. It contains an abundant amount of calcium which moisturises and protects the skin thereby preventing dryness and dullness.
- To prepare this face mask, combine Multani mitti with a teaspoon of crushed almonds and half a cup of milk.
- Mix the components until a thick consistency is achieved. Apply it to the face and leave it to dry completely. Wash it off with cold water once it dries completely. Pat dry with a clean towel.
Multani Mitti with Rosewater
Rosewater balances the ph level of your skin and aids in the removal of excess oil from your face. This will also aid in the removal of blackheads, fine lines, and wrinkles. It also reduces redness and pimples and makes your skin sparkle, leaving it as fresh as a daisy. This face pack may be used once or twice a week.
- 1 teaspoon Multani Mitti
- Water, two tablespoons rose water
- In a mixing bowl, combine Multani Mitti, rose water, and water until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Apply the face pack evenly all over the face and neck using a clean brush.
- Allow it to dry naturally.
- After twenty to thirty minutes, rinse with warm water.
- After washing your face, use an oil-free and gentle moisturiser.
Multani Mitti with Curd
Curd is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as germs that make the skin shine. It also works as an excellent moisturiser, evens out skin tone, tightens pores, slows ageing, and minimises dark spots. As a result, this combo is a must-try. This face pack should be used twice a week for beautiful skin.
- 2 tablespoons Multani Mitti
- 2 teaspoons combined curd
- Blend the ingredients listed above in a clean bowl until a smooth paste is produced.
- Using a fresh brush, evenly distribute the face pack over your face and neck.
- Allow the pack to rest on your face for 10 to 15 minutes before allowing it to dry naturally.
- After the face pack has dried, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Limitations of Multani mitti
- Dry skin does not appreciate the use of Multani mitti. Sure, it absorbs oil from pores which makes it ideal for oily skin. But, using it on dry skin will strip off the much-required oil from the face which will end up making the skin drier and flaky.
- Multani mitti shouldn’t be used on sensitive skin as it disturbs the natural pH balance. As it already has a tremendous absorbing capacity it could irritate the skin.
- It is known to cause fine lines on the face. Using Multani mitti every once in a while wouldn’t cause any harm. But, prolonged use of the same could cause the formation of fine lines since the clay dries up on the face making it difficult to move.
Multani mitti is widely used for various purposes such as reducing acne, treating pigmentation and brightening the face in general. It has several benefits as it is in rich nutrients and is filled with different properties. It shall be noted that everyday use of the clay is not advised since could cause more damage than good to the skin.
Happy Me time lads!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who should avoid using Multani mitti?
Multani mitti should be avoided by those with very sensitive or dry skin.
2. What ingredients can you mix with Multani mitti?
Multani mitti may be combined with other substances to make a face mask that is both hydrating and illuminating like Papaya, turmeric, aloe vera, egg whites, tomato pulp, yoghurt, honey, and avocado.
3. Which is better Multani mitti or besan?
Multani mitti is beneficial for oily skin, whereas besan is better for normal to combination skin.
1. All You Need to Know About Fuller’s Earth - Healthline