Peeling skin can be a pesky and sometimes painful issue. Whether it's the result of a sunburn, dry weather, or a reaction to certain skincare products, the urge to find relief and restore your skin's natural glow is universal. Fortunately, you don't have to endure the discomfort and embarrassment that often comes with peeling skin. In this article, we explore 8 different ways to stop peeling skin as we introduce you to a one-stop solution called Saturn Peeling Solution, a tested and proven formula for your peeling concerns. Read more about what causes the skin to peel, how to get rid of sunburn peeling, Saturn Peeling Solution, top ingredients and benefits of Saturn Peeling Solution, how to use it, how long it takes for skin to peel, and how to prevent sunburn and peeling skin.
What Causes the Skin to Peel
Sunburn causes skin peeling, which is an indication that the upper layer of your skin (the epidermis) has been harmed by the sun's rays. However, there are other (typically less prevalent) causes of skin peeling, such as:
- Problems with the immune system
- Bacterial, viral, or fungal infection
- Dry skin friction from frequent hand washing
- Exfoliative keratolysis (a skin condition that causes peeling on the palms of the hands or soles of the feet)
- Exfoliative dermatitis and acral peeling skin syndrome are two uncommon skin conditions (peeling skin all over your body that usually requires hospitalization)
- Allergy symptoms
- Sensitivity to retinol or vitamin C products on skin cancer and cancer therapy
How To Get Rid of Sunburn Peeling
We understand how tempting it is to peel off your skin, but resist! You'll only make things worse. Allow your skin to shed naturally and use a more relaxing approach. What can aid in peeling skin? Here are 8 different ways to stop peeling skin.
Take an OTC painkiller like Ibuprofen or Aspirin to ease any pain or discomfort associated with painful, peeling skin. These medications will also aid in the reduction of inflammation and redness.
Certain topical medicines can aid in the relief of peeling skin irritation. Here are some natural and over-the-counter alternatives:
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera is recognised for soothing sensitive skin, and it could be especially helpful after a sunburn. Applying an aloe vera gel or cream to your skin can help to cool it, reduce irritation, and halt or stop peeling.
- Cream with cortisone: Cortisone cream sold over the counter can relieve irritation, redness, swelling, and discomfort.
- Powdered aspirin: Some people swear by crushing a few aspirin pills into a fine powder to alleviate inflammation topically if they aren't allergic to aspirin. To make a goopy paste, combine the powder with a splash of water.
- Use Vaseline: Instead of oil or petroleum-based lotions, use Vaseline. These products retain heat, which can exacerbate peeling and discomfort.
- Keep your skin hydrated
The best sunburn treatment, according to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, is to use an unscented moisturiser often. Moisturize shortly after showering, while your skin is still damp, to help seal in hydration.
Showers or baths with lukewarm water (or even cold water if you're brave!) might help ease the burn and prevent further peeling. Showers that are too hot can irritate and dry up your skin even more. You should also avoid scented soaps and oils, as they might aggravate inflammation. So store the bath bomb for another occasion and replace it with a mild, unscented soap. Bathe instead of showering if your skin is blistered. Shower water pressure may pop your blisters, causing further pain and irritation.
It's not a good idea to scrub off the peeling skin. Exfoliating when your skin is peeling isn't a good choice because it exposes additional redness. Instead, after you get out of the shower, simply pat your skin dry with a towel and moisturise periodically. When your skin is ready, the rest of it will slough off.
A damp, cool compress applied to your skin for 30 minutes will relieve discomfort and provide much-needed relief. Simply avoid putting ice or an ice pack straight on your skin. This may aggravate things worse. Wrap an ice pack in a towel if you're using one.
Dehydration can exacerbate peeling and dryness. Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeinated beverages, alcohol, and other diuretics to keep your body hydrated from the inside out. (Sparkling water, by the way, is hydrating.)
Even if it's gloomy outside, UV exposure might irritate your skin worse. Wear loose, airy garments over your peeling skin to protect it from further injury.
Use Saturn Peeling Solution
Now that you are aware of 8 different ways to stop the peeling of skin. But what if we told you about a 9th one? Something more easy, more convenient, and proven beneficial? Yes, here is Saturn Peeling Solution, from Saturn by GHC, a perfect solution for all your peeling pains. Comes with 25% AHA, 2% BHA, and 5% PHA this Peeling Solution works to exfoliate the top layer of dead skin cells to reveal the fresh inner skin. This result-oriented product can be used as a simple home treatment to cleanse the pores and remove unwanted discolouration. While this Peeling Solution from Saturn does deep multi-level exfoliation, this doctor-recommended product is a perfect solution to peel away dullness in your skin.
Top Ingredients and Benefits of Saturn Peeling Solution
What sets Saturn Peeling Solution apart from other products is its combination of the trio: AHA, BHA, and PHA. Wondering what these trio do? Read it here:
Alpha Hydroxy Acids
Helps effectively remove dead skin cells to reveal fresh, bright, and youthful-looking skin.
Beta Hydroxy Acids
Deeply penetrates the skin and works on drying out excess oil and dead skin cells.
Poly Hydroxy Acids
Has brilliant soothing benefits while being gentle enough not to cause any irritation on the skin.
How To Use It
Clean your face and allow it to dry completely. Apply the solution evenly and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water. Apply moisturiser and follow it with sunscreen. It is recommended to use the peeling solution once a week.
So How Long Does It Take For Skin To Peel
When you have a sunburn, your skin starts to peel a few days after the first burn. Once the burn has healed, the peeling normally ceases after approximately a week.
How To Prevent Sunburn and Peeling Skin
However, here's what you *should* have done and how to avoid it in the future:
- Apply sunscreen. You've probably heard it a million times, but sunscreen is essential for skin protection.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
- Cover up. Tank tops and swimming suits have their place, but when the sun is shining, you should definitely cover yourself. Light cotton and linen garments, as well as sun caps, are your best companions.
- Apply aloe immediately. No concerns if you spend a little too much time in the sun. Apply aloe vera or a similar moisturising moisturiser as soon as possible. This will help moisturise your skin before it starts peeling.
- Take a refreshing shower. After sun exposure, take a cool shower to help dissipate the heat.
- Carry out patch tests. Do a patch test before using a new skincare product to avoid unexpected irritation. Harsher chemicals like retinol, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C can take some time for the skin to adjust to. Applying treatments at lesser dosages once or twice a week can help your skin adjust. Consult a dermatologist if you're not sure what's best for your skin.
What Deficiency Causes Skin Peeling?
Inadequate vitamin C intake can lead to fragile and easily damaged skin, resulting in peeling.
Does Stress Cause Peeling?
Yes. Stress can cause peeling of skin.
How Long Should Peeling Skin Last?
The duration of peeling skin depends on the underlying cause and severity of the condition. In most cases, peeling skin lasts for about seven days for mild burns.
As you explore these eight different approaches to skin restoration, consider adding a powerful ally to your skincare arsenal: Saturn Peeling Solution. Packed with essential ingredients designed to exfoliate, rejuvenate, and revitalize your skin, Saturn Peeling Solution can be the game-changer you've been searching for. Don't just dream of smooth, flawless skin; make it a reality with Saturn Peeling Solution. Experience the difference and discover your best skin yet!
Stay Informed, Stay Healthy!
Get the best of health & wellness with our brands - Mars & Saturn. We believe in providing evidence-based, quality products & services that positively impact your personal well-being. That's why we've put together a team of experts to create informative & educational content related to various health topics. From skincare tips & advice on sleep habits to the latest news on sexual performance & personal hygiene, we strive to keep you informed & equipped with the knowledge you need to live your best life.