Remedies for Thick Hair
While the nature of the hair follicles cannot be changed, there are several techniques to make the hair seem thicker and minimise breakage and hair loss. Hair loss may manifest itself in a variety of ways, depending on a person's gender.
Female pattern hair loss, for example, affects adults aged 30 and above and causes thinning of hair on the top of the head, according to a study. It also states that the hair in other regions may seem shorter. There is currently no treatment available.
Home care measures may be used, but they should not be used in lieu of professional therapy for an underlying health problem that is producing sparse hair, such as a nutritional deficit or alopecia. Whether or not more treatment is required, the natural methods listed below may help thicken thin hair. One can use home treatments like onion hair oil, methi, and egg and have protein-rich foods to have healthy and thicker hair.
Eggs are high in protein, which is necessary for thick, healthy hair. follow these steps:
- 1 or 2 eggs, whisked together
- Apply the mixture too moist hair and the scalp.
- Allow it to sit on the scalp for 30 minutes.
- Warm water and a gentle shampoo should be used to completely clean the hair.
Alternatively, whisk together the eggs, oil, and water. To put this approach to the test, follow these steps:
- Combine egg yolks, olive oil, and water in a mixing bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair when it's dry.
- Allow 15 minutes for it to work.
- Use warm water and gentle shampoo to remove it.
- Using an egg treatment once or twice a week for a few weeks may help to strengthen and thicken hair.
Olive oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients that are important for general health, as well as hair health. Olive oil, when applied straight to the hair, aids in the growth of thicker hair. It may help soften the hair and hydrate any dry scalp regions. follow these steps:
- Heat the oil until it reaches a temperature that is comfortable for you.
- apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Allow 30–45 minutes for it to work.
- Use a gentle shampoo to remove it.
- Honey is sometimes added to olive oil.
- Others advise donning a shower hat and keeping the oil on overnight.
A healthy balanced - diet
A well-balanced diet rich in healthy fats, protein, and vitamins may aid in the thickening process. Hair that is thinning or thin comes from a reliable source. Thin hair, in fact, might indicate that a person is deficient in nutrients. Anyone who has thin hair should include some of the following nutrient-dense foods in their diet:
- Salmon is a protein- and fatty-acid-rich fish.
- walnuts, almonds, and other nuts, which contain protein, omega-3s, and iron walnuts, almonds, and other nuts, which contain fatty acids
- Greek yoghurt is a high-protein food.
- Beans, whether green, black or other varieties, are high in protein.
Every day, a person might include 1 or 2 servings of any of these items in their diet. Even three or four meals each week may help to promote hair health.
Oranges include vitamin C, pectin, and acid, which may benefit hair in a variety of ways. The vitamins and minerals may increase the natural gloss of the hair, giving it a thicker appearance. The acid helps break down residue from hair care products that might stifle hair growth. Unlike some of the other treatments, orange puree has a pleasant fragrance.
To make the puree, purée fresh oranges in a blender, then massage the liquid into the hair and scalp. Before washing it off, let it on for approximately an hour. After this treatment, a person's hair may benefit from a mild conditioner to rehydrate it.
Aloe vera gel or aloe vera oil
The Aloe vera plant may provide a variety of skin, scalp, and hair health advantages. Aloe oil used directly on the hair and scalp might help to strengthen and thicken hair over time. Aloe is an active element in a number of commercial therapies, including gels and lotions. Try putting some pure aloe gel into your hair and scalp and letting it stay for 30 minutes before rinsing it out for a DIY treatment. This therapy might be used once or twice a week.
Avocado is high in vitamin E and is thought to be a beneficial moisturiser by many individuals. A simple avocado massage might be used twice a week.
- Combine 1 avocado's fruit and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients
- and apply to the hair and scalp.
- Allow for 30 minutes of resting time.
- Use a gentle shampoo to thoroughly clean your hair.
Castor oil is high in vitamin E and fatty acids, both of which are beneficial to hair health. The oil may be rubbed into the scalp and hair until it is completely covered.
Coconut oil absorbs hair strands and prevents breaking and broken ends. Coconut oil has the ability to thicken and encourage hair growth.
Rosemary essential oil
Rosemary oil may be used straight on the scalp or mixed with ordinary shampoo.
Hairstyling and massage of the scalp
Thin hair is prone to breakage and is more vulnerable to harm. Here are some hair loss suggestions. Use a mild wash that does not strip the hair of its natural moisture. Breakage and split ends may be reduced by applying a hydrating conditioner. To avoid frizz and breakage, use a leave-in conditioner after washing and conditioning. Before blow-drying the hair, wrap it with a microfiber towel.
Other style alternatives may also be evaluated. Pulling the hair back in a ponytail or bun, for example, might result in irreversible hair loss over time.
Shaving the scalp and pricking it with tiny, sterilised needles in a portable instrument is known as micro-rolling.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine): Nonprescription versions for men and women are available, and they may be sprayed or rubbed into the scalp twice a day. This medicine, on the other hand, does not treat baldness and does not promote hair to grow quicker if taken in excess. After stopping utilising this treatment, a person's new hair may fall out within a few months.
- Finasteride (Propecia) is a prescription therapy that entails taking a daily tablet, however, it is not recommended for women.
Shampoos and supplements
Many companies provide vitamins and shampoos that claim to promote hair growth and thickness. Before making a purchase, it is suggested that you get medical advice. Some vitamins and shampoos interfere with medicines, and a dermatologist can assist a patient in making the best decision.
Some products that may be purchased online are listed below.
You can also get healthy thicker hair with biotin supplements - Biotin Tablets for hair growth
Ordinary items like coconut oil may help thicken and strengthen hair. It's worth noting that there's little if any, scientific proof to back up these therapies, and the results might differ from person to person. It's also critical to stay away from any recognised allergies. Anyone experiencing abrupt or inexplicable hair loss or thinning should seek medical help since a medical problem might be to blame. Natural home treatments may be inexpensive and safe. In rare situations, a person may choose a commercial hair loss treatment or prevention solution.