Can Fenugreek Seeds Help with Dandruff & Split Ends?
The monsoon season has arrived. Our hair appears to have a love-hate relationship with the weather, while we enjoy the delightful pitter-patter. Something about the damp and humid weather makes it more difficult to keep our tresses in check. If it's not the monsoon, it's the toxic overload in the environment that's causing your hair to become frizzy, damaged, lifeless, and dry. If the condition of your hair is deteriorating despite utilising a variety of products, it's time to look into your kitchen. No, seriously, fenugreek seeds, also known as methi seeds, have long been used in India for hair maintenance. These seeds are high in important nutrients and antioxidants that help hydrate your hair and give it a new lease on life. Now let's see is fenugreek good for hair or not?
What are the benefits of fenugreek seeds for hair care?
Fenugreek seeds are a good source of folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Vitamin C, as well as minerals including potassium, calcium, and iron. Fenugreek seeds are also high in protein and nicotinic acid, which aids in the prevention of hair loss and dandruff. It includes a lot of lecithins, which moisturise and strengthens the hair follicles and roots. Fenugreek seeds that have been soaked overnight, according to specialists, could be extremely useful for daily hair problems. Folic acid is abundant in fenugreek seeds
Here are fenugreek benefits for hair and how to use fenugreek for hair growth to solve your hair problems on a daily basis.
Use a fenugreek hair mask to keep your hair from falling out
Here's how to make a simple hair mask to prevent hair loss.
- Soak 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight in a cool location.
- Grind the paste with the same water.
- Apply it to your hair's roots and keep it on for 20 minutes.
- Before rinsing your hair with a light shampoo, massage a bit on the scalp.
- Repeat the routine at least twice a week for optimal results.
Fenugreek hair mask for dandruff prevention
- 3 tablespoon fenugreek seeds, soaked in water overnight
- In the AM the next day, grind the fenugreek seeds. Make sure you crush them until they're a paste-like consistency.
- Add 1 tbsp lemon juice to the paste after squeezing a fresh lemon.
- Apply this paste to the scalp and ends of your hair with your hand.
- Allow 30 minutes for it to rest in your hair.
- This mask will help to restore your scalp's health, resulting in less dandruff and hair loss.
Hair that is smooth
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk can be added to the same fenugreek and lemon paste for smooth, glossy hair.
- With your hands, apply it to your hair, scalp, and roots. Allow for a 20-minute rest period. Use cold water and gentle shampoo to rinse.
Fenugreek seeds may be found in almost any supermarket shop. If you can't find the seeds, you can make the mask with fenugreek powder instead.
Fenugreek Seeds for Lustrous, Shiny Hair
- Overnight, soak a glass of water with fenugreek seeds.
- For luxuriant hair, drink this water without the seeds the next morning.
For Greys That Have Arrived Too Soon
- Fenugreek seeds and curry leaves (curry patta) are ground together to make a paste.
- This is an ingenious approach to preventing premature greys by applying it to your hair for around 30 minutes.
- Use a gentle wash and cold water to remove it.
Fenugreek Seeds for Damaged Hair
Miracle-working fenugreek seeds can also repair hair damage such as split ends, frizz, and general brittleness.
- Apply your fenugreek paste to your hair after mixing it with coconut milk.
- Leave it in for around half an hour and cover your hair with a towel to absorb all the goodies.
- Use a gentle wash and cold water to remove it.
- Do this on a regular basis to observe the results.
Hair Conditioner with Methi Seeds
- Take 10-15 grams of methi seeds in your hand.
- Soak them in water for 24 hours.
- Make it like a paste after 1 day
- It should be applied to your hair and left on for at least 30 minutes.
- It should be washed with water and a gentle shampoo.
- Your hair will be deeply conditioned as a result of this.
Fenugreek Seeds for Shiny, Lustrous Hair
- 25 g soaked methi seeds, 25 g curd, 25 g lemon juice, honey, and 25 g water
- Combine all of these to make a paste
- Apply this hair pack to your entire head of hair.
- After 45 minutes, wash your hair with moderate shampoo.
- This hair provides shine, as well as prevents dandruff and hair fall.
Fenugreek for Detangled, Frizz-Free Hair
- Using a few tablespoons of dry methi seeds, make a paste.
- It should be washed to eliminate any filth and then soaked overnight.
- Blend the seeds into a thin paste the next morning.
- Mix in a small amount of coconut oil to this paste.
- After 30 minutes, wash it off with moderate shampoo.
- After this treatment, your hair will be silky and lustrous.
Methi Seeds For Dry Hair
- Grind a handful of methi seeds into a fine paste after soaking them in water overnight.
- Combine a little curd, honey, and olive oil in this paste.
- You may also skip the olive oil in the hair pack and just oil your hair overnight.
- Combine the ingredients in a paste and apply liberally to the hair and scalp.
- After 45 minutes, wash the paste with a light shampoo and conditioner.
- To achieve naturally beautiful hair, repeat this treatment twice a week.
Now that you've learned about the many benefits of fenugreek (methi) for your hair, we recommend incorporating it into your daily hair care routine in one of the ways listed above!