Skincare routine for oily skin
To have oily skin is one of the most common skin concerns that everyone is dealing with now and then. Treating oily skin is challenging, because alongside you also need to treat acne breakouts and get spot-free fair skin.
The good news to get happy with is to parallel your daily routine with the right skincare routine and available products, and issues that are caused by oily skin can be less of a problem.
The best skin care steps to follow for oily skin are
- Cleanse your skin with a good exfoliating cleanser regularly in the morning and night.
- Use a good quality toner that contains lactic acid, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid.
- Frequent use of benzoyl peroxide or retinol to treat your skin well.
- Moisturize your skin well in the morning and night with a light moisturizer.
Oily skin care tips
Oily skin is a kind of skin type which is characterized by excessive sebum production that results in oil all over your face. That in turn brings a lot of challenges for you to deal with and if left untreated it will lead to acne breakouts, blemishes, etc. This skin type usually gets clogged up due to excessive sebum production that needs urgent and regular treatment. Some of the oily skin care tips you need to follow:
1. Wash regularly
Washing your skin regularly can reduce the amount of oil production on your skin. The following things are recommended to treat oily skin:
- You should regularly wash your skin with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Avoid using soaps with fragrances, or the use of harsh chemicals, which can easily irritate or even dry out your skin, making it respond to more sebum production.
- Avoid using loofahs and any other rough washcloths, as it adds friction that may stimulate your entire skin to produce more oil.
2. Use a toner
Astringent toners that usually contain alcohol tend to dry out your skin. However, according to several clinical studies it has been established that natural astringents can have soothing properties on your skin.
3. Keep your face dry
You need to dry your face properly after each face wash. When drying your face after washing, you should gently pat your skin dry with a soft and clean towel.
Skin care products for oily skin
Oily skin has now become a cause of concern for most people. Skin that is oily in nature gives it a very shiny or greasy appearance that is devoid of its natural radiance.
Oily skin is very much prone to acne breakouts and other skin problems that no one wants to have at any cost.
We at Saturn took this as a challenge and prepared a package of skin care products based on our highly qualified panel of skin health specialists that make our product stand ahead of other companies' skincare products for oily skin.
Saturn Face Toner for Oily Skin
- This is Saturn's highly effective & active ingredient in face toner for oily skin health. It helps in reducing oiliness, and wrinkles and maintains the elasticity of your skin.
Click on the above banner to buy our face toner.
Net Volume: 150 ml
Price: Rs. 349
Saturn's foaming face wash
- The dual nature of our Saturn's foaming face wash helps in cleansing down deep into your skin pores to reduce oil production on your face through sebum control while in parallel fighting any bacterial growth on your skin that can result in blemishes and other skin ailments like acne breakouts.
Click on the above banner to get smooth and refreshed skin.
Net Volume: 120 ml
Price: Rs. 299
If you have skin prone to oil, following a daily skincare routine is the best way to prohibit any further breakouts and control the skin's natural glow.
Cleansing, toning, moisturizing, and treating your skin well, both in the morning and at night are some of the key steps that should be included in your daily skincare routine.
Oily skin is something that needs to be taken care of regularly to balance it with essential nutrients. Choosing the right products for your skin, wearing a thick layer of sunscreen, using clean blotting papers, and washing your face at least twice a day and especially after exercising can also reduce your skin oiliness and help keep your skin healthy, clear, and oil-free.
Which cream is best for oily skin for daily use?
There is a myth among the masses that we should not moisturize oily skin, clearly, that didn’t turn out well as stated in many clinical research studies. You can go for green tea mattifying moisturizer to get your skin well treated.
When to use toner day or night?
You should use toner twice a day at least in the morning and night, right after you are done with your cleansing. Remember to use your toner within a couple of minutes of your cleansing for your best results.
How many times, to wash your face for oily skin?
If your skin is too oily you may be of the view that you should wash your face multiple times during the day. But according to scientific studies you should wash your face only during the day and night.
How to use a face serum with moisturizer?
In most cases, it makes complete sense to apply the face serum before using moisturizer. This is because the serum is usually quite lightweight, whereas your moisturizer tends to be much thicker. Applying face serum first can give your skin much more opportunity to absorb these active ingredients. So moisturizer should be the last step in your skincare routine.
How much moisturizer to use on the face?
About an amount of nickel-sized moisturizer should be a good amount to cover up your face. If you are including your neck too then it may be best for you to use about a quarter-sized amount of moisturizer to ensure you can entirely cover up your face.